What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

lets talk about small kitchen appliances

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
you know, toasters, toaster ovens, blenders, air fryers, electric pressure cookers (hot pots), sous vides and so forth.

what do you have? why did you buy it? do you like it? what do you love the most? hate the most?

I like Breville. /end thread. ;)

moocow

Zojirushi electric hot water despensor for a good 20 years. Damn thing was actually made in Japan and I had to fix was replace the rubber gasket. Another Japanese rice cooker that's probably made in China. A no name brand Asian hot pot thingy. Other than those, typical toaster ovens, another electric kettle, microwave, and a fruit drier that I rarely use. Very hard to find decent small appliance since a lot of them break within 3 years.

JD

Staff member
My InstantPot will likely see use again now that the weather is getting colder, pressure cooking is a quick way to make stews and chilli.

Nespresso has been my best coffee maker so far, previously had Keurig and Tassimo. Gives a nice creama.

I have the tiniest Breville toaster (450XL) which has been doing good thus far. Works well enough to do some chicken fingers or such frozen things when I need lunch for myself. I feel it's more efficient than turning on the oven.

Jokester

Bonavita drip coffee maker has to be my best purchase. have had it since 2013. the instant pot is def a close second though.

Izerous

Folding Team
Instapot gets used a lot more than I ever expected. Mashed potatoes, rice, whole curried chickens, pasta sauces. Actually I picked my choke cherry tree clean and I have found it is great at extracting juices instead of boiling them ran them through the instapot and got a really good amount of chokecherry juice at a high concentration compare to boiling them. I managed to make 3.5L of homemade pure chokecherry jam.

Been married now 11y and out cuineart coffee maker is still going strong. The stainless steel with 2 black knobs and the baseball bat that they still sell today.

Blender died never bothered to replace it.

Kitchen aid stand mixer I wasn't sure how much we would use it but it is getting a workout. Bread maker lasted 10 years before failing and now using the stand mixer to make the dough mixes and just putting them in the oven. Making large batches of freezer jam (strawberry, raspberry) been using it to blend in the sugars etc.

Was going buy a rice cooker but the instapot does more than good enough job. Have the 8qt model honestly some days a second in the small size 3qt? Seems like it would be useful.

A month after having the instapot gave the slow cooker away.

Have some other random things like fondue pot but so much woke, griddle for large batches of pancakes etc but I like the waffle maker. Ceramic coated to easy to clean and I'll make large batches of them at a time and throw them in the freezer for breakfast on school days.

FreeKnight

I cook a ton so I've got a pretty decent repertoire of the high end stuff now.
- Food processor : Breville Sous Chef Pro
- Ice Cream Maker: Breville Smart Scoop
- 2nd/Toaster Oven : Breville Smart Oven Air
- Toaster: Breville 'A bit more' Toaster
- Pressure Cooker: Breville Fast Pro Slow (Older model that's a bit different than this one though)
- Immersion Blender: Breville Control Grip
- Blender: Blendtec Designer 650
- Rice Cooker: Zojirushi Umami Micom Rice Cooker
- Food Dehydrator: Excalibur 5 Tray
- BBQ: Napoleon Pro 500 RSIB
- Smoker: Broil King Vertical NG Smoker
- Charcoal BBQ: Weber Performer Deluxe
(so the last three aren't counter tops, but that rounds out my applicances/tools, outside of pots, pans, skillets and woks, etc)

I don't use a slow cooker anymore, they're basically junk IMO and would rather use a dutch oven in either the regular oven or the breville. The only ones I've ever had issues with was the Blendtec and the pressure cooker. My first blender had the motor die and got a replacement under warranty. The Pressure cooker wouldn't seal properly and Breville sent me a replacement/redesigned gasket and it's worked fine ever since.

The Ice cream maker had a bit of a learning curve to really make it amazing, but now I can make some exceptional ice cream with it. But really, my pans and skillets get more work than anything else.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I cook a ton so I've got a pretty decent repertoire of the high end stuff now.
- Food processor : Breville Sous Chef Pro
- Ice Cream Maker: Breville Smart Scoop
- 2nd/Toaster Oven : Breville Smart Oven Air
- Toaster: Breville 'A bit more' Toaster
- Pressure Cooker: Breville Fast Pro Slow (Older model that's a bit different than this one though)
- Immersion Blender: Breville Control Grip
- Blender: Blendtec Designer 650
- Rice Cooker: Zojirushi Umami Micom Rice Cooker
- Food Dehydrator: Excalibur 5 Tray
- BBQ: Napoleon Pro 500 RSIB
- Smoker: Broil King Vertical NG Smoker
- Charcoal BBQ: Weber Performer Deluxe
(so the last three aren't counter tops, but that rounds out my applicances/tools, outside of pots, pans, skillets and woks, etc)

I don't use a slow cooker anymore, they're basically junk IMO and would rather use a dutch oven in either the regular oven or the breville. The only ones I've ever had issues with was the Blendtec and the pressure cooker. My first blender had the motor die and got a replacement under warranty. The Pressure cooker wouldn't seal properly and Breville sent me a replacement/redesigned gasket and it's worked fine ever since.

The Ice cream maker had a bit of a learning curve to really make it amazing, but now I can make some exceptional ice cream with it. But really, my pans and skillets get more work than anything else.
you are quite invested into Breville, aren't you? have you bought shares in the company yet? LoL!

Izerous

Folding Team
A smoker has always kinda been on my wishlist. Have you found your actually using it on the regular basis or more of a 1-2 times a year kind of thing.

Latest posts