What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

LF-Cheap ATI video card that can output sound through HDMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner86

My parents have an HP pavillion pc that has a pci-e slot and they want to be able to hook it up to their hdtv to watch movies, they have a 25ft hdmi cable. Now i need something that is really cheap , doesn't take much power and can output sound through HDMI.

Thanks

Gunner

Babrbarossa

I tried using my hdmi audio output using the spdif adapter that routes sound from the motherboard to my 260 GXT video card - the sound was terrible- I think that in general, your best option is to use another ouput for sound- I used a coaxial audio cable to run sound to my home theatre from the pc- My computer is a long way away from the TV but I found a ten foot digital coax cable- they're around if proxinity is an issue.

Gunner86

That's the one I linked to.... :)

Yeah thanks for that i thought id check here first to see if i could get me something cheaper (it's for my parents so i don't want to pay to much) as for using a different cable for sound that is out of the question one cable is enough the tv is 20ft away from the computer.

Last edited:

b1lk1

I have a Sapphire HD 3450 245MB fanless with everything included I'd sell for $40 shipped if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts