What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

LG 34GK950G-B Availability in Canada

MorePower

Anyone know when and where the LG 34GK950G-B will be available here in Canada? Even LG's site doesn't show any locations but in the US you can pick one up at Walmart. Its kind of ridiculous :doh:

MorePower

I know of B&H but am worried about extra import fees etc. I know they say what you see is what you pay and don't have to worry about additional charges on delivery but I read it depends on what carrier they ship it with. Anyone purchase from B&H before?

JD

Staff member
I've bought from B&H a few times, never had to pay anything extra when it arrived. It generally comes pretty quickly too. Just make sure you pre-pay the taxes/duties when checking out.

MorePower

Well I ordered from B&H and received it on Thursday. Lets just say "Life is NOT Good". The monitor came with smudges all over it. When I took a closer look with a light there seems to be blotches all over the panel. These won't come off. I read someone in another country had the same issue and returned it. I don't know if I should exchange or get a refund. I don't want to go through this again. I think I have to pay the return shipping to B&H too. I'm waiting on their response. I think they're closed today.

Attachments

JD

Staff member
Wow that sucks, looks like somebody cleaned it with Windex or something that stripped the panel's coating.

MorePower

The box had one layer of tape and everything inside also packed very neatly so it was new unless this was returned to LG and they redistributed it. Its very disappointing and frustrating.

Lysrin

That is super disappointing and returning is no simple matter for something like a monitor that size. That should never get out of the factory that way IMO. Sorry MorePower, very frustrating indeed. I would guess return or refirb, can't image it should look like that new! But as you said, didn't seem like it from the packing. Mysterious.

Maybe if B&H see the condition from the pics they will cover the return shipping or crossship a replacement. Something to give you some satisfaction.

sswilson

Staff member
That is certainly unacceptable. Maybe since it was "BNIB" it might be something that LG themselves should be resolving (as opposed to having to deal with cross border issues with B&H)?

MorePower

I did e-mail LG and their recommendation is to send it in to them under warranty repair. The technician would inspect the monitor and decide if its a defect. If its a defect they would repair it. I told them this is a brand new monitor. It did not break under my ownership, its how I bought it. Anyone that looks at this would say something is wrong with it. I don't need a tech and 3 or more weeks of waiting to find that out. Ridiculous!

Latest posts

Twitter