What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

LG 34GK950G-B Availability in Canada

Lysrin

Yeah I hate that response. I don't want a repair of the unit that was supposed to be new out of the box. I just want you to replace it with a new one, and ideally cross-ship so there is limited downtime for me. Charge me until the return gets back to them, but otherwise just give me what I paid for.

There are companies that do that and they are the ones that I keep using as much as possible. Maybe monitor companies are less likely, I dunno.

MorePower

I was in contact with customer service and they will be providing me with a prepaid label for the return. The new monitor is being shipped out tomorrow.

sswilson

Staff member
I was in contact with customer service and they will be providing me with a prepaid label for the return. The new monitor is being shipped out tomorrow.
Through B&H? It bites that it's necessary, but that's some stellar CS right there!

MorePower

Through B&H? It bites that it's necessary, but that's some stellar CS right there!

Yes, through B&H.

I know its a hassle but when the manufacturer screws up this badly then a reputable retailer will step up and help.

BTW another thing that LG told me through our e-mail correspondence is that any product purchased outside of Canada is not covered by warranty. I don't know how valid that is but I asked them why did I get a warranty card with the monitor that says "US and Canada" on it. I'm still waiting on their response on this. Anyway its only 1 year warranty plus I read somewhere that VISA gives you an additional year. I'm not 100% sure on that.

Last edited:

fubar

What were the extra fees, if any? Sorry, to interrupt. I think that is good of them but you have to expect them to fix the situation: imho, it's an expensive monitor - it had nothing to do with what you did and it's a name brand, either LG and/or B&H need to come through.

I was just wondering if a 32 to 34" 1440p monitor is a good choice and I think I have my answer.

sswilson

Staff member
What were the extra fees, if any? Sorry, to interrupt. I think that is good of them but you have to expect them to fix the situation: imho, it's an expensive monitor - it had nothing to do with what you did and it's a name brand, either LG and/or B&H need to come through.

I was just wondering if a 32 to 34" 1440p monitor is a good choice and I think I have my answer.
Their checkout is designed with an option to get Canadian shipping/duties/taxes built-in so that there aren't any surprises when it gets to your door.

Panther

Yes, through B&H.

I know its a hassle but when the manufacturer screws up this badly then a reputable retailer will step up and help.

BTW another thing that LG told me through our e-mail correspondence is that any product purchased outside of Canada is not covered by warranty. I don't know how valid that is but I asked them why did I get a warranty card with the monitor that says "US and Canada" on it. I'm still waiting on their response on this. Anyway its only 1 year warranty plus I read somewhere that VISA gives you an additional year. I'm not 100% sure on that.

Would you mind taking a picture of the warranty card?

I want to get the monitor too. But no ETA of a Canada release and speaking to LG twice, both times I was told no warranty if purchased from the states. If this is true, ordering one ASAP.

Latest posts

Twitter