What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

LG dvdrw rom problem help :(

I have a new lg dvdrw rom and its doing the weirdest thing and noone can help me in my area except say replace it. the thing is it works fine except when i put the disk in i have to eject it and then reinsert it to get it to show the drive and read the disk . workd fine after doing that until i reboot system then i have to repeat the process to get the drive to show up with the disk in it again. its 100% working when i do this but i feel this isnt right and would love some input on the matter. my system is as follow

windows 7 64 bit home premium:

intel 3930k processor with 8 gig ram

nvidia 580gtx graphics

and 2 velociraptors running raid 0 in sata 3.0g

To me it seems like a conflict issue with driver but i tried unistalling and updating drivers. i even pulled the rom out and reconnected with diffrent sata cable. hope someone can help ty much

Silent_Avenger

The people in your area telling you to replace it are probably right. Since it's new just get it exchanged for another one.

Birk

i have 3 extra ones here that came with my case from squeetard, if you wanna pop for shipping u can have one for free

T1K 3V9 for shipping quote.

yeah i will try and replace it and hope the new one doesnt do it too. To me it just feels like a registry/ driver or software conflict but im no expert by no means. thx for respnding fellas

enaberif

yeah i will try and replace it and hope the new one doesnt do it too. To me it just feels like a registry/ driver or software conflict but im no expert by no means. thx for respnding fellas
The only software issue that I know of that plagues optical drives in Windows is the upper/lower filters.
Don't fart around and waste time simplest to replace the drive and if issues remain afterwards then dig deeper.

moocow

LG drives are crap. I have 2 of those that crap out in less than 1 year of use. Even their website is crap since there's 1 year warranty on them but I can't even register to have it RMA. My drives would sometime show up then won't or sometime slow down the boot because the mobo won't detect it or slow to detect it. They would also sometime refuse to open as if they get no power. Don't know how good Lite-On is still but that's the only unit still working beside a Sony IDE DVD drive.

Silent_Avenger

LG drives are crap. I have 2 of those that crap out in less than 1 year of use. Even their website is crap since there's 1 year warranty on them but I can't even register to have it RMA. My drives would sometime show up then won't or sometime slow down the boot because the mobo won't detect it or slow to detect it. They would also sometime refuse to open as if they get no power. Don't know how good Lite-On is still but that's the only unit still working beside a Sony IDE DVD drive.
LG isn't that bad but they can be touchy depending on your system. My LG dvd drive in my old win xp system works perfectly fine. So far my liteon blu-ray drive is working perfectly fine even the lightscribe works fine. My sony dvd drive works ok as well but it's noisy as :censored: so I don't use it unless I have to.

invisibleninja06

you said its new so RMA it, but to answer how to fix issue, i doubt its driver most dvd roms use generic driver and this is almost never the issue, have you tired calling lg maybe its a known bug or at a minimum they'll be more qualified to diagnose problem with it. Hope you get it sorted!

Latest posts

Twitter