What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

LG Optimus One Android Phone (TELUS)

b1lk1

Still a popular phone, I'd think $150 would not be unreasonable for Ebay, $125 or so on a forum. If it were a Koodo phone I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I love my Optimus One and the wife is harping on me to get her one.

bernZ

I can attest to the fact that its a great little budget phone. Around 150 would be acceptable for forum IMO.

kingnubian

Apparently the Optimus One can be used on Koodo as well.

Koodo has the Optimus one available for $150 full purchase price so I would ask maybe $125 on Ebay if it's the stock phone. You can probably get more with a few mods.

I have the Telus version and have rooted it, Sim (Provider) unlocked and installed a custom ROM, Presently on the Fido network. It's a brand new phone now and I am very satisfied with it. The custom rom , Prime V2, makes a huge difference to a phone that was saddled originally with very buggy LG apps & stock firmware. I may sell it soon, eyeing a Galaxy S II, but i'm enjoying it so far.

ad5ter

Koodo has the Optimus one available for $150 full purchase price so I would ask maybe $125 on Ebay if it's the stock phone. You can probably get more with a few mods.

I have the Telus version and have rooted it, Sim (Provider) unlocked and installed a custom ROM, Presently on the Fido network. It's a brand new phone now and I am very satisfied with it. The custom rom , Prime V2, makes a huge difference to a phone that was saddled originally with very buggy LG apps & stock firmware. I may sell it soon, eyeing a Galaxy S II, but i'm enjoying it so far.

I just bought 2 of these for my best friend and his wife as a wedding gift. I got them off ebay for 150 each and it came with a complementary car kit (Car charger + GPS dock). They came from Orange mobile, but as soon as I got them, I rooted and loaded a custom recovery and ROM. I'm running an RC1 Cyanogen 7 on the phones and they work great.

one question kingnubian, does your optimus one have 3g with Fido?? I am currently with Fido as well and am only getting Edge on the phones. Do you know what can cause this?

kingnubian

I just bought 2 of these for my best friend and his wife as a wedding gift. I got them off ebay for 150 each and it came with a complementary car kit (Car charger + GPS dock). They came from Orange mobile, but as soon as I got them, I rooted and loaded a custom recovery and ROM. I'm running an RC1 Cyanogen 7 on the phones and they work great.

one question kingnubian, does your optimus one have 3g with Fido?? I am currently with Fido as well and am only getting Edge on the phones. Do you know what can cause this?

Yes I have 3G but it took lots of reading about Fido APN settings to get this done. If you want I can give you my settings.

P.S. How do you find the Cyanogen 7 bin????

CroSsFiRe2009

On ebay, $125 is a good price point but you might want to remember that Koodo was selling these for 150 tab, the pro-rated monthly fee which was usually 3.50$ when you cancelled early or so. and it came with a $100 visa card. Final price was around 75$. I ended up buying 2 at that price so take that into consideration if you will

ad5ter

Yes I have 3G but it took lots of reading about Fido APN settings to get this done. If you want I can give you my settings.

P.S. How do you find the Cyanogen 7 bin????

yes, I'd love your settings if you could pm me. I'm not sure what mobile provider my buddy and his wife are going with yet but just in case they choose fido, I'll have them set with the right APN info.

are you asking how I liked the Cyanogen port for the optimus one or where I found it?

kingnubian

yes, I'd love your settings if you could pm me. I'm not sure what mobile provider my buddy and his wife are going with yet but just in case they choose fido, I'll have them set with the right APN info.

are you asking how I liked the Cyanogen port for the optimus one or where I found it?

I'm asking for both.

Btw, here are my settings.

Name: fido
APN: internet.fido.ca
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
Username: fido
Password: fido
Server: 205.151.011.011
MMSC: not set
MMS Proxy: not set
MMS Port: not set