What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Work in progress Lian-Dream: return of the water

Jokester

So back in 2011 I left watercooling since I was working away from home from long periods of time. Since then I have returned to working closer to home. Then EK came out with the predator, I thought it looked like a great and quick way to get back under water. Unfortunately they seem to have a few kinks to work out. and so after a second failure I decided to go back to a custom loop :thumb:

Huge thanks to Dazmode for ultra fast shipping. :shok: I decided to do this last Sunday and had majority of the parts I needed by Wednesday :biggrin:

i-BfptTTZ-XL.jpg

So onward with a water build. I should have taken more pictures of the parts as they came but I forgot!

Had to build a custom little bracket to mount the res/pump combo to the rear fan, only because that is where I wanted it to go. (Killkenny Required)

i-j2L2wxg-X2.jpg

Darkside branded Heatkiller IV CPU block. Easy to install. Do wish they would just include a backplate with it though.
i-NBBGCmr-X2.jpg

i-HhRwpm3-X2.jpg

The Darkside LP360 is a pretty nice radiator, there seem to be a difference in distance from the fins to the outside that varied, so not the most precise build. But when I flushed it out, hardly any flux came out. Using three Gentle Typhoon Fans AP-60s. Other isse was I couldn't mount them to pull air in as some how they are catching on part of the radiators housing which causes the blades to rub. Unfortunate but the other way will have to do.

i-qMdLvBd-X2.jpg

i-vSWNs9X-X2.jpg

I realized pretty quickly once I mounted my pump/res that I was in desperate need of some angle fittings. Thankfully Dazmode was able to ship my order out so they arrived yesterday.

i-tP3HmvS-X2.jpg

i-rMqKbNZ-X2.jpg

With the fittings I was able to a quick setup and leak testing:

i-RvpGzCk-X2.jpg

Last edited:

lowfat

Staff member
Darkside fittings? I had no idea these existed. They look like high quality fittings w/ no logos. Which would be awesome.

CPU block looks amazing.

Jokester

Darkside fittings? I had no idea these existed. They look like high quality fittings w/ no logos. Which would be awesome.

CPU block looks amazing.

I was very impressed with the quality. They are nice and stiff so they won't move after adjustment. And we'll priced compared to bits power.

Fist time using a heatkiller block. Really like the look and quality of it.