What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Lian-Li PCO11 Dynamic

Bartacus

sswilson

Staff member
Heh... well, I pulled the pin. We'll see how silly it looks with 2X 240mm rads and consider swapping over to a 360 sometime in the future. (Also grabbed a 3 pack of refurb corsair RGB HDs just so I can get some use out of the commander pro that's already here).

Black_Ice-Dragon

Looks like they just announced the O11DXL. Im thinking of picking one up to replace my aging Corsair 900D. What do you guys think who have built in the current O11D? Would it benefit from some more space and how it the build quality on them?

Also is Newegg the only dealer for Lian-Li in Canada.

sswilson

Staff member

There's also a "new" ekwb distribution plate for the dynamic and the new XL that incorporates a pump, and res into a plate that attaches to the side rad mount.

FreeKnight

Looks like they just announced the O11DXL. Im thinking of picking one up to replace my aging Corsair 900D. What do you guys think who have built in the current O11D? Would it benefit from some more space and how it the build quality on them?

Also is Newegg the only dealer for Lian-Li in Canada.
Gamer's Nexus just put up a review of the O11 XL sounds like some of the changes are a bit questionable, but I haven't watched the review.

Quality of the original is typical to Lian-Li, well built and functional but has little things like shitty instructions, accessories just tossed in cardboard box with bags of screws, etc. Overall really good, but not quite as premium as say a similarly priced Phanteks (with the caveat that the O11 has better airflow than most Phanteks cases). Comparable to the better Corsair cases from my experience.

I would think about what you're putting in the O11 first. It has a large footprint. No worse than a 900D, but if you're on a single SSD, HDD and GPU I would stick with the O11 over the XL. It's a really solid case, not perfect, but still really good.

LegendMask

If Lian Li has to cut corners in expenses, then I’m willing to deal with shitty instruction and accessories with screws just thrown in a box for a better build quality.

But that’s probably not the case, and maybe for what ever reason they just overlooked the instruction accessories...etc and thought it was good enough...

I could be wrong but who knows

Black_Ice-Dragon

Gamer's Nexus just put up a review of the O11 XL sounds like some of the changes are a bit questionable, but I haven't watched the review.

Quality of the original is typical to Lian-Li, well built and functional but has little things like shitty instructions, accessories just tossed in cardboard box with bags of screws, etc. Overall really good, but not quite as premium as say a similarly priced Phanteks (with the caveat that the O11 has better airflow than most Phanteks cases). Comparable to the better Corsair cases from my experience.

I would think about what you're putting in the O11 first. It has a large footprint. No worse than a 900D, but if you're on a single SSD, HDD and GPU I would stick with the O11 over the XL. It's a really solid case, not perfect, but still really good.

Thats a good point. Ive really cut down my needs over the last few years now that I have a NAS to do most of my storage and computing work. Ive been even thinking about getting rid of threadripper and just going with ryzen 3xxx, since almost every program I needed cpu power for now is using gpu acceleration.

Also for anything in this type of range or design is there something you might recommend over the O11?

Bapadaboopy

I just pre-ordered the O11 XL. It should be shipping at the end of September. Everything I've seen about the O11 and XL have been extremely positive.

sswilson

Staff member
Wasn't sure where to drop this, but since there was a specific discussion thread on this line of cases, a thread res seemed appropriate.

One of the complaints about earlier versions of the case was that the design of the PSU section created a surprisingly low height restriction for tower coolers (in spite of the case design having a super wide footprint). This 3D printable spacer claims to be for tall GPUs (or possibly for tall PCIe power connectors) but would also extend the case a bit for tower coolers.

Latest posts