What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Limits of z87 chipsets?

Fudd Rucker

Hi

Currently looking into overhauling my hdd's on my primary rig. Was wondering if the possible scenario could be done on just the intel raid controller, of if a second one will be needed.

Would like to run the following off the intel portion of the hdd controller (the marvel controller wont allow me to do this im pretty sure)

2 x m4 64gb ssd raid 0
2 x WD black 1tb raid 0 with 30gb ssd cache

Running a Gigabyte z87x-ud3p.

Fudd Rucker

I figured there shouldn't be an issue with running 2 x raid 0 arrays on my controller(thanks for clearing that up), but its the ssd caching id like to use with the raid 0 platter drives.

MARSTG

I am pretty sure the caching function relies on the Marvell controller`s function called Hyper Duo, so I don`t think you can mix a raid matrix from the intel controller with a function of the Marvell controller. The user manual of the mobo will explain you that and also clear any additional qestions you have on the issue. And there is no UD3P in the Z87 section on Gigabyte website but there is a UD3H, I take it is that one?

Last edited:

Latest posts