What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Linux issue *Update*

Shadowarez

This one I'm sure is a mbr issue but not sure how go bout this on uefi.

1. Booted unbuntu 19.04 from usb.
2.instslled from usb to newer USB 3.1 druve
3.rebooted once install was completed on new USB 3.1 drive
4.trued to boot from it went right to grub loader
5.removed the USB drive checked boot options.
6.see that Ubuntu is listed on my optane 905p as option 1 option 2 is windows manager.
7.i can get back to my windows install but I don't want that Ubuntu option listed on my 905p how do I remove that?

Here's a pic of what I'm trying remove.

I'll stick to installing Linux on my alt ssd I guess.

Attachments

Last edited:

Shadowarez

Yeah it's pretty well in there I mean I can still boot to win but trying install Linux on a USB installed something on my main drive optane 905p. Don't feel like formatting it just to get rid of that.

enaberif

Yeah it's pretty well in there I mean I can still boot to win but trying install Linux on a USB installed something on my main drive optane 905p. Don't feel like formatting it just to get rid of that.
Look at bcd modifications if you want it gone.

Shadowarez

Ty I'll give it a shot had I known installing Linux would do this even if I pointed it to the drive I wanted I'd just kept it on a USB as live. Ty I'll see if I need to dig out my hirens or ultimate boot cd as well.

Shadowarez

I looked lol guess I did not get that then �� but far easier then trying tinker with those efi altering apps.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter