What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Logitech G Pro HERO Mouse

Fleurious

Does anyone have any experience with this mouse? It’s a bit pricey but logitech is advertising mechanical switches/spring tensioners which could be nice to have. The 16k dpi sensor i’d only use at around 1200dpi max, but supposedly the sensor is pretty good beyond just dpi.

I may pick up today with some bestbuy giftcards i have unless there are red flags with this mouse.

Lysrin

Mostly well reviewed I believe. There seem to be a few people on newegg.ca complaining about double and triple click issues. I'm never sure about newegg reviews though...

BestBuy is easy to return to though, so low risk there.

Last edited:

zoob

Try a G305 instead. Cheaper and wireless. Specs are almost identical... Hero 12K (not 16K) and no RGB. At this point there seem to be very minute and possibly imperceptible differences between Hero 12K/16K/PMW3366.

Fleurious

Mostly well reviewed I believe. There seem to be a few people on newegg.ca complaining about double and triple click issues. I'm never sure about newegg reviews though...

BestBuy is easy to return to though, so low risk there.

The double/triple click is worrisome, I've had mice with that problem and they were unusable for me. I'll make sure to hold onto the receipt and box.

Try a G305 instead. Cheaper and wireless. Specs are almost identical... Hero 12K (not 16K) and no RGB. At this point there seem to be very minute and possibly imperceptible differences between Hero 12K/16K/PMW3366.
I definitely don't want wireless, but I was looking at the G203 at first as a basic no frills mouse. Then I noticed all the other versions of that mouse all the way up to the Hero. If the switches really are a huge improvement than I don't mind the extra cost.

I did end up buying the G Pro Hero and first impressions are good. The mouse wheel offers very tactile feedback when scrolling, the buttons are a bit light but I think that is by design. The LEDs I'm not a fan of. Without installing any of the software the LED just slowly cycles through all the colours. If they were half as bright by default it would be fine.

script>
IMGUR Since I can't figure out how to insert the image.
d7zCtKK

Lysrin

Image hosting on HWC appears to be broken again, or it was the other night. And, there's a Keith's in the background! :biggrin:

I run the Logitech software for my G602. It's decent, I haven't had any issues with it if you want to try and have a little more control over the LEDs. If that is a feature it offers, no LEDs on my G602 so I can't confirm.

MvSlainXVII

G Pro Hero didn't have a problem but if you are so unsure about the mouse then buy the new G502 Hero Wirless. The new g502 is a beast and I works seamlessly.