What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Logitech G810 Keyboard won't respond

Dave Simpson

Hi everybody,

I have a Logitech G810 keyboard that I bought from a local junk store the other day for $3; it's in good shape. I've installed the Logitech software, device manager in Windows 7 says all is well. The keyboard lights up as it ought to, but I can't get a response from any key. Like, none. Okay, it's second hand, maybe it's dead, and it cost me three bucks to find out. NBD. But the weird part is that the keyboard does work, and without issue, as I navigate through the BIOS settings when I re-boot. Once I get to the Windows screen to input my password, that's it; no more response. I have to disconnect it and use a different keyboard to log into Windows and continue. What am I missing here? I'd like to use this keyboard.

Thanks for any help. Have a swell weekend!

DS

Cypher^64

Are you able to test it on another computer?

I'd unplug it, Uninstall the software and reboot. Plug it in and see if it works without the software. If it does, try installing the software again

Dave Simpson

Are you able to test it on another computer?

I'd unplug it, Uninstall the software and reboot. Plug it in and see if it works without the software. If it does, try installing the software again

Hey, thanks for reminding me that I have an old spare PC in the back of my closet! I dragged it out and connected the G810, and Windows 10 immediately searched for and installed the driver/software. So no doubt about it, this keyboard works. I connected it again to my current PC, no surprise, didn't work. Deleted all Logitech software on my PC, reinstalled, re-booted, keyboard works now(y) The only problem(s) is that Logitech's Gaming Software doesn't detect the keyboard, so I can't customize. But I don't really care about that one way or the other. The real disappointment is that the media keys are useless. A Google search suggests I'm not alone, but I can't find a solution. I spent a couple of hours on this the other night, couldn't solve it. If anyone can point me in a useful direction, I'd be appreciative. Otherwise, the keyboard is a pleasure to use, and worth the three bucks it cost😄

Thanks again for your help!

MAK

Dave,

Did you try an older version of the Logitech gaming software?

Dave Simpson

Dave,
Did you try an older version of the Logitech gaming software?

Sorry for my late response.

Yeah, I tried an older version of the software from a few years ago, it was the same. Useless. I'm finished chasing this. The keyboard works, with the exception of the media keys and customizing options. It's great for $3, no so great for full price.

Thanks for the help, Canucks!