What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Logitech G9 or G500?

mike.mgs4

Hi guys,

I recently purchased the Logitech G500 while on sale and I'm reasonably happy with it. I have a claw-grip and while some have told me that the G500 is more suited for ball-grip people, I haven't found any big problems.

However, NCIX now has the older (yet higher-end?) G9 on sale for $50, which makes it cheaper than the G500, and so I'm quite tempted to return my G500 and opt for the G9 instead. Is this a good idea? Normally I'd just buy it and test it out, but I really don't want to have to pay the restocking fee to NCIX.

I also know that the G9 only has 3200 DPI, but really, who goes up to 5700? The only things important to me is ease of use during BF: Bad Company 2 and other fps games, and I just want to know if G9 will let me play those games more effectively (especially sniping!).

Thank you!

artistpavel

They share the same high-end features, hyper-scrolling, on-the-fly DPI toggle, profiles, weight adjustment, etc. except they have different shape. I used G500 shaped mouse for years and I found G9 to be more comfortable for me.

CroSsFiRe2009

All depends on how you hold your mouse. go with whatever feels right. You can probably try out a G9 at a BestBuy or maybe even ncix instore to see if it would fit your needs

mike.mgs4

Just wanted to give you guys an update. I returned the G500 and got the G9 for $50. VERY HAPPY with the decision. The G9 fits me better than the G500 did, and the 3200 dpi is more than enough for BFBC2. Thanks for the reply, guys!:thumb:

wonton1017

Went from G5 -> G7 (bad) -> G5 -> G9
G9 is the best so far, it feels much more sturdy and high quality compared to the G5 1st and 2nd gen and my friend's G500.

The Destroyer

I personally prefer the G9 as well. I like the option to swap out the grip for better feel and when the original wears out. Another +1 for the G9.

Digikid

Banned
Website
www.raiden.net
The G9 is horrible....both in looks and in use.

What size hand are you? The G7 is a great mouse regardless of what ppl anywhere say about it. Grab one or a G5 instead.

wonton1017

The G9 is horrible....both in looks and in use.

What size hand are you? The G7 is a great mouse regardless of what ppl anywhere say about it. Grab one or a G5 instead.
Had the G7 from 2 years ago and it constantly loses signal and sometimes freeze requiring me to replug the usb wireless dongle. There is also a slight delay from time to time and also a slight inaccuracy from time to time. I loved it for the first few days but then it just became more and more obvious that the g5 is much better.

Full Speed

My friend had a G7 and it used to loose the connection all the time. Not good for gaming.

I have a G5 rev2 and I love it. Feels comfortable to me, but I've never tried a G9.

Latest posts

Twitter