What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Logitech Gaming Software not installing Win 10

GregH

OK, I'm about at the end of my rope trying to reinstall this silly software.

I had it installed previously, and decided I wanted to give my G13 gamepad a go (had forgotten I had it).
Set up all my keybinds, but none of the buttons work in game.

Did The Google, and it seemed that it was recommended to uninstall then reinstall. That's where the headache started.

I run the installer, get the pop up asking if I want to also install Overwolf (I don't) but when it gets to the installing part nothing happens. Progress bar doesn't fill at all.

Back to The Google, and for some weird reason it appears that unplugging the DVD drive and running the install via administrator and in Win 7 compatibility mode fixes it.
Did all that and the install progressed to 50% then wouldn't get any further.

Back to The Google again, and it's suggested to try installing it in safe mode. Reboot in safe mode, run the installer, mouse is unresponsive. I can navigate past the first screen via tab & enter, but the screen with the option to install overwolf doesn't allow me to select any options via keyboard so I get stuck there.

Came back to it tonight and tried running the installer again and I'm back to step 1 again. Bar doesn't even start to fill.

I'm outta ideas. Anyone here manage to successfully install this software in Win 10?

sswilson

Staff member
Gamepad F310 - Logitech Support

That software there? I installed it a month or so ago without any problems. Leaves something called "logitech profiler" running on startup that looks for compatible devices.

I haven't tried setting any profiles, but it recognises my F310 once I put it out of "x" mode.

I don't remember having to jump through any hoops to get it installed though.

edit: the main software page ( Logitech Gaming Software - Logitech Support ) claims that it's compatible with the g13

sswilson

Staff member
Did you try something like CCleaner to see if it can root out any of the crap left over from the failed install(s)?

Might seem like a silly question, but did you try installing without "install as administrator"? I've run into a couple of instances where driver installs would hang if I tried to do it as an administrator, yet installed just fine by double clicking on it....

GregH

Yeah first ~5 attempts were without admin rights.
I did go into the registry and delete all logitech entries but I'll give that CCleaner a go.

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah first ~5 attempts were without admin rights.
I did go into the registry and delete all logitech entries but I'll give that CCleaner a go.
Make sure you get the most current version... they had some kind of malware/bug in it during the early part of last year.

edit: at the very least you know that the software "can" be installed under normal circumstances. Are you running any AV? All I've got on my PC ATM is microsoft defender and malwarebytes (paid).

GregH

Just the Microsoft defender. Just ran CCleaner a few times. Ditched a bunch of left over registry entries.
Tried running installer again (non-admin, non-compatibility mode) and it's hanging right at the start again.

Oh wait, it's SLOW, but it's finally doing something...appears to be hung at 50% again.
I'll give it 10 and wait and see if it finishes.

sswilson

Staff member
Again, sounds like a silly question, but I'm assuming you've done fresh downloads from logitech's website?

If you want to drop me a PM with your email address I'll send you the file I downloaded a month or so ago on the off chance that it's the latest version that's corrupted right from the logitech website.

sswilson

Staff member
Another option since this is supposed to be a cross-user application would be to try creating a temp admin account and try to install it from there.

GregH

Yep, had 3 copies of it even. I've tried multiple versions from multiple sites so suspect that's not the issue.

If this install doesn't work I'll give that admin thing a whirl.

Latest posts

Twitter