What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Look what I stole

enaberif

Nope, everything is supposed to go to the Cominco smelter in trail and gets melted down and recycled ( unless they have a different program for monitors ).

Cominco Mine .. where they encourage you to drink beer after work to help drain out all that crap you get in your system from working there.

3 of 7

Well in a way you DID recycle it.

Remeber the Three "R's"

Reduce
REUSE
Recycle

You did #2. :D
It really pisses me off going there, all kinds of nice looking hardware laying in the rain and they get all pissy if they see you take anything.
Our dump is even worse, when we were doing our house renos, I spotted a dozen solid panel mahogany doors in a bin. They still had the hinges and locksets, there were even keys in the locks... No way they would let me take them, I even offered to sign a waiver but they said once they were in the bin they had to be chipped and burried...

And they figure it'll make a difference if I turn off my lights for an hour once a year...:censored:

3 of 7

OK, we have a pretty badly damaged screen, looks like something got dropped on it or it may have appened when it got thrown on the ground.. It's about 3/8" long but it's in the lower 2" of the screen and I didn't even see it till I put up a black background on my computer. ( Thats an 80mm fan grille for size comparison )

Attachments

• Dump Tv 007 (1024x768).jpg
    Dump Tv 007 (1024x768).jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 82

chrisk

Folding Captain
That sucks...you did find it in a dump.

Might be a good second monitor (dual monitor setup?)

chrisk

Folding Captain
Dual monitor setup is awesome. I'll never go back. Kinda neat to just 'toss' windows to the side monitor.

Soultribunal

Staff member
That Smelter has two of My Companies ICP-OES's on site.
Small world somedays.

Nice find, I get that from work too, except I can take anyhting home that work considers EOL.
WHich is why I have a 12V 1200W Peltier kicking around while I figure out how to loop it into some WC'd.

ST

3 of 7

OK, It will not wake up when it falls asleep, seems to me someone had a thread on here about lcd's with bad caps not too long ago, I wonder.

Latest posts