What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Looking for a BGA reball professional - Samsung 305T T-con board

chrisguy

So I have a Samsung 305T monitor that suffers the fate of all 305T's. The altera chip on the t-con board gets too hot and the solder underneath degrades leaving you with strobing/flickering images etc. I've had this board reflowed with professional equipment a few times by a local guy but he seems to have closed shop now sadly. He wasn't too keen on reballing it anyways since he didn't have a stencil to do it. It's no longer able to be reflowed anymore...I need to find someone who can reball it.

Does anyone know anyone who does BGA reballing that might be able to do this? I'm having a hard time finding people who do this sort of work so figured maybe here may know somebody.

Thanks!

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
I sent my 305T's board to M.I.S. Electronics. If I remember correctly they're in BC. It cost an absolute fortune but well worth it to keep the screen running.

chrisguy

Okay thanks for the info I'll try contacting them right now.

Do you happen to remember how much it was to have it repaired there?

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
It was about $400 plus shipping years ago. I'm not even sure they are still offering the service.

Latest posts

Twitter