What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

looking for a new keyboard

rfglass

I'm looking for a new keyboard to replace my aging G15. I have a tendancy to spill beer once in awhile:doh: and hear this can ruin a mechanical kb. So I'm swaying to a good gaming dome kb. My g15 has been spilled on numerous times and after a good cleaning still works.
Macro buttons would be nice but not critical,lighted keys with brightness control would be a plus and my budget would be $150 AFTER tax.
I have looked @ a few but would like your opinions. there is a G19 I can get in that price range on sale atm but am open to your suggestions.
thanx

FreeKnight

I can't speak to the rubber domes vs mechanicals and cleanup (never drink anything but water around the PC, and even that's rare), but I've got a Corsair K70 mechanical and it's great for cleaning. The keys sit on a metal plate rather than on a casing so there's nowhere for stuff to get trapped, just a quick blow with compressed air and everything just leaves through the side of the keyboard. I don't know how liquids will fare. The switches are elevated so they won't readily get immersed, but there's probably spots where the liquid would creep in still.

Not sure that helps, but it's my 2 cents (or five now that we have to round off to the nickel)

Generic User #2

corsair k50? haven't actuall seen anything about it, but seems pretty decent from the outside.

The Buzz Kill

i had one and can vouch for the build quality. Corsair can build some really quality products. Real solid and heavy so it didn't move around at all.

littlefto

Corsair +1!! My K70 still chugging along after a tea spill.

Had a first gen g15, and second gen g15 both crap out on me when I spilled something on them. A few keys would repeat themselves non-stop or not work at all after I spilled water on one, and pop on the other...:doh:

riou900

There's this sleek new keyboard Linus just made a video off.. I forgot the name but i know it was corsair.. I was just admiring how it was all lighting up ...

Latest posts