What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Looking for feedback on headphone stands

Izerous

Folding Team
I'm wanting to build a few headphone stands over the winter. The pile of scrap cedar from building one deck from scratch and building all the railing from scratch here leaves me with a lot of odd pieces and stuff that i'd like to make something with and headphone stands is what came to mind. So I'd like to have some feedback from those who have them what you do and don't like about the ones you have.

For example:
-is it too short and it stresses the cable on the bottom
-it doesn't weigh enough and falls over when you reach out and pull the headphones off of it etc
-do you wish it had a USB hub (likely won't make any like this but still good feedback)

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
hey Izzy, take a look at this thread about stands on HFG:

Lysrin

I would say yes to both your first items, at least with various stands I've had. The current metal one I have has helped with both but still could be a bit taller to be perfect. Granted I have never spent big money on a stand. Heavy base to counter the tipping issue would be attractive for sure.

Izerous

Folding Team
I would say yes to both your first items, at least with various stands I've had. The current metal one I have has helped with both but still could be a bit taller to be perfect. Granted I have never spent big money on a stand. Heavy base to counter the tipping issue would be attractive for sure.
Those were just some of the reasons I didn't buy the ones i have seen and they continue just to lay flat on my desk.

hey Izzy, take a look at this thread about stands on HFG:
That thread looks like it has a lot of great information in it, i had to stop scrolling because the bar just kept getting longer and longer.

Entz

I have the Fiio HS1 one and its has been good. Not sure if they sell it anymore. It definitely could be an inch or two taller to make it easier on the cords. That is my biggest complaint.

Lysrin

This is the one I currently have, and it has been good for the price. Much better than the previous plastic one I had (and broke). But it isn't as tall as the picture makes it look!

I don't know why they don't make them taller, except perhaps that taller would mean the base would have to be heavier and therefore the whole thing more expensive... perhaps?

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Those were just some of the reasons I didn't buy the ones i have seen and they continue just to lay flat on my desk.

That thread looks like it has a lot of great information in it, i had to stop scrolling because the bar just kept getting longer and longer.
it's a very detail filled thread.

all said, just avoid the Omega designs. I know they look pretty perfectly shaped, but apparently they cause negative wear on the headband.

it's kinda funny...but the wood banana hangers are really popular for being a stand.

personally, I'd like t find some nifty / inexpensive busts that are big enough to set headphones on.

Entz

Yeah no idea. I guess your average person with bose/skullcandy/monster have tiny drivers so they all fit.

Entz

all said, just avoid the Omega designs. I know they look pretty perfectly shaped, but apparently they cause negative wear on the headband.
I was wondering about that.

Headphone bar sells Asona branded ones which look identical for like 1/4 the price. but in the pictures I can see what you mean about the headband

Izerous

Folding Team
I had originally considered omega designs but Id want to bend it not cut it out. And I don't feel like getting into that complicated of steam bending just yet