What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

looking for opinions/options/insights thank you muchly

Dragonstongue

I was looking for a new headset, I dont use my mic lately, and budget is very tight does not help, so mic does not matter much TBH prefered but not mandatory

I currently have Razer Kraken V2 Pro, however I am looking for a new pair, as while I dont mind the sound of these, I really really dislike the quality control that Razer put into them.

Had them for all of about 9 months now, and the left ear cup leather material is held on by a very thin line of sticky tape and the leather material is "rolled" into the base memory foam..the problem being that on left earcup the material has come unrolled and I have to keep tucking it back in all the time.

I am in Canada, using for PC, possibly future use for ps3/ps4/xbox one though is primarily PC use, I listen to music, play games, watch some movies.

using a Xonar DX soundcard (supposedly drive up to 80Ohm just fine, does 32hm or less perfect)

the headsets I was looking at that seem to be "as good" or better than the
Razer Kraken V2 Pro that I have.

HyperX Cloud2/CloudX
Cloud Alpha
superlux HD662F

I do have a mixer for the EQ thanks to uniXonar drivers

My "requirements"
very comfortable for extended time periods
durable
preferably easy to maintain as far as cleanliness (current cans are very much not easily kept clean because of not exactly sealed cup to foam interior)
good to excellent passive sound isolation (these work pretty decent, so would want as good or better preferably "cooler" which may not be possible)
more balanced sound
NOT USB based had nothing but problems with many brands over the years in this regard
NOT wireless for the same reason.

I know by specs alone the cloud alpha and superlux ones seem to be at least as good if not superior, but I kind of like the loudness these things can go so I can block out external noise easily enough playing white noise in background, so if am able to get something even better noise isolation and not have to have constant noise potentially hurting my ears even better
(noisy apartment building)

Hope I outlined my needs/wants properly enough, I really do not want easy to break in a few months time headphones/headsets went through too many over the years even taking care of them, certainly do not want ones that seem to "break" as far as losing sound in left or right earcups etc.

My budget taxes/shipped is TOPS $150 CAD.
the superlux ones seem like a great buy, but, wanted to ask you fine folks as for sure you all have combined far more knowledge than I do in this regard.

I really do not want to go out and buy a better soundcard or amp to drive high impedance cans, motherboard I was looking at "for future time" MSI Carbon Pro Gaming AM4 supposedly has amazing built in quality, and heard some good things about creative SB Z but also heard some bad things about driver problems etc with Windows 7/Win10

Anywho that is all for now.

Appreciate any help in this regard ^.^

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Why not go with some true Audio Headphones instead of 'pc' based junk?

Sony MDR's, Bose QC's, Beyerdynamic DT and Sennheiser HD series are all much better than any of the PC junk for quality of both builds, and sound.

(Signature applies)

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
I've had my logitech G35 for over 10 years. Comfy, you can get replacement ear and head pads off ebay. They sound good too. I like them for gaming for the positional audio. Have sennheiser HD for music.

Dragonstongue

Why not go with some true Audio Headphones instead of 'pc' based junk?

Sony MDR's, Bose QC's, Beyerdynamic DT and Sennheiser HD series are all much better than any of the PC junk for quality of both builds, and sound.

(Signature applies)

that is what the Superlux are :p
Most of the higher end ones are also quite pricey, Sennheiser from my experience with them, their build quality is absolute crud on the south of $200 price point, DT770 and the Superlux I mentioned from reviews are apparently quite similar overall quality, not quite as "premium" but not at all same price tag either.

I did mention the limited budget didnt I :thumb:

AkG

Why not think outside the box and look at something like the FIIO F9 IEMs (about 130 plus tax)? Better sound quality, and with the right tips will give very good noise isolation. IMHO they punch way above their price class. But I prefer IEMs to cheap cans so YMMV.

Dragonstongue

Why not think outside the box and look at something like the FIIO F9 IEMs (about 130 plus tax)? Better sound quality, and with the right tips will give very good noise isolation. IMHO they punch way above their price class. But I prefer IEMs to cheap cans so YMMV.

Appreciated, but no..Cans all the way more sound stage, far more comfy, I wear earplugs on a daily basis, cannot use earbud style constantly for all noise related tasks for hearing or blocking, am sure that is not a very healthy decision :rofl:

LarkStarr

I genuinely think AkG is the first person I (now) know that prefers IEMs for a computer headset.

Latest posts