What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Looking for racing/driving simulator with specific cars

MacJunky

I have been looking into this for a while now but have turned up somewhat lacking. I am looking for as many PC racing or driving simulators that are reasonably modern that I can use nice old proper muscle and pony cars in. Cars like Plymouth Barracuda (67-71), Roadrunner(up to 69), etc as well as other ones such as Dodge Challenger (70), Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 (69). I am not really into Mustangs or Chargers but other "lesser" models of big oldish street cars are also welcome. I suppose the desired date would be from 1965 to 1971/1972. Being Canadian it kinda stings to say this but I am looking for american cars, not European. Oh, and to clear something up, I am not looking for a primarily drag racing program. I am primarily looking for track racing(tracks like Tsukuba) with anything else like rally or drag being optional. Realistic damage would be great but also optional as I am going for the cars and non damage related physics first. The ability to upgrade/downgrade and otherwise tweak engines, suspension, drivetrain, etc might also be nice(I like what Racer offers in this area) but again, optional.

So far it looks like my best options are Racer and Rfactor(with a certain mod). I have also looked into GT Legends but that does not quite have the cars I am looking for.
Another possibility that I have considered is using NASCAR 2003 with a mod that I found once a while ago. VDrift was looked into and tested as well but left me disparate to "rm -rf ~/Desktop/Games/VDrift/".

As can be seen above I am open to mods and I currently am using Racer with some third party cars(basically all cars and tracks for Racer are third party), and it is great but I want more.

What do you think?

cmac79

have u tried toca race driver 3 that has lots of vehicles and yes theres muscle cars. i also found test drive unlimited pretty good just for the driving around the island lol. but thats me im pretty much a game whore i'll play just about anything lol

Babrbarossa

Gran Turismo 2 has the (I think '70) SuperBee (like a road runner), a 70 'Cuda and a 69 camaro Z28- also a 67 and 69 corvette stingray, 71 charger, 72 challenger, 69 GT40, a 66 shelby cobra, and a 67 shelby gt350, and a really cool '85 Lancia Delta S4- there are surely some I've missed but this game had the best Car list ever, and hasn't come close to it since.

MacJunky

I have access to a translucenty neon yellow SCPH-9001 PlayStation and Gran Turismo as well as Gran Truismo 2. Btw, in GT2, the Plymouth 'Cuda they have is called a 1971 even though it has 72-74 tail lights. Unless I am mistaken it might also have 1970 headlights too. Also, the Plymouth RoadRunner in it is just called "Muscle Car". The sides of the Plymouth GTX look very strange indeed as well.
Heh, just some things I have noticed. Can't say I like look of that year of RoadRunner though.

I do not have access to a PlayStation 2 however from what I hear from someone with one is that GT4 does not handle drifting well. This might either be because they do not have a wheel or GT4 is actually not intended for any drifting, either way I am not sure.

In GT2 my first car was a 93 Honda Civic, I wanted a 91 but I did not see any at the time. My second car was a Plymouth Cuda, they both did me well and I still prefer racing with them more than some 600hp+ pile of junk with a turbo bolted on.
It is kinda funny, that Civic (when maxed out aside from crap like brake/stability/traction controllers) can beat 400hp+ cars on that one night track. It is all in the corners. ;)

Babrbarossa

If they were going to stick the Hemi in the game, it would have to be the '70 or '71 as they were the only two years that had the legendary Hemis in them and they're easy to distinguish becasue the 71 had a segmented front grill and four headlights

MacJunky

Perhaps, but that does not change the fact that the 70 and 71 did not have round tail lights like the one in GT2.

Anyway, picking apart the cars in GT2 aside, should probably get back on topic I suppose.

vinister

There is an rfactor mod with those types of cars, I don't know about specific years or anything, its all the same to me 'V8 Muscle Car' lol too much torque, not enough power, mushy shocks, more inertia than a train, just about perfect!

oh found it:

It includes a 1968 Cuda, 1969 Camaro SS, 1970 Boss Mustang, 1970 Challenger R/T ,1970 Nova SS,1961 Ford Falcon,1970 Ford Torino,1969 Dodge Charger,1970 Dodge Daytona and a paintable El Camino pace car.
These cars do not in anyway represent any type of racing series (historic or present) or any particular engine and drive train configuration,they are just racecars

rFactor Central // rFactor Cars // American Muscle 3.00

Attachments

• 24-Mar-08-rFactorCentral-8006_AMC3.jpg
    24-Mar-08-rFactorCentral-8006_AMC3.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 31,130

Latest posts