What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Loop Not Filling?

Dazmode

I doubt you need better pump then 655B for your set up.

I seems that something is blocking the flow and my money on air lock. I would try following:

1. Try to tilt case to the back so radiator will have more horizontal position (if there is air lock it should break). Squishing tube helps (just remove useless untikinking coils before squishing :)) Shake and bang the case. Switch pump off and on (with pause) to help with breaking air lock.

2. Double check that no tubing is simply bent

3. Start problem isolation. Bypass big radiator and see if that will work, then small rad.

Let me know..........

Last edited:

AmuseMe

Is it safe to add distiller water to Feser One coolant? I am wanting to change my color to a brighter hue.

CanadaRox

That should be fine since Feser One is mostly just distilled water anyways. Generally when I am filling my loop I have to completely fill the res at least five times, between each time running the pump and tipping the case every direction, including upsidedown, on its front, on both sides and if on the back if possible. Remember that when the pump is off, the bubbles will always travel to the highest part, so you can maneuver the case so that the bubbles travel back to the res. And once it seems like all the large air bubbles are gone, the res will still need to be topped off in a few days from the smaller air bubbles stuck in the blocks. Just keep your eye on the res and make sure it doesn't drop too low. You can try running just the pump and each component separately to make sure there is no blockage in any of them, but generally that wont cause air bubbles since the air can get through a tiny gap.

axle182

My money is also on a leakage. as an easy test, the line that runs from the pump to the 480, take it off the 480, and put it into a bottle. fill the res, and see how fast the pump pushes the fluid into the bottle. Ill bet that there is a problem with that pump. Its showing basically no flow in that vid (well very very little). My 350 after doing the whole loop, rushes into the res. Like Daz said, time to start taking parts out of the equation.

Dazmode

Is it safe to add distiller water to Feser One coolant? I am wanting to change my color to a brighter hue.

F1 has carefully selected proportion of add-ons chemicals that supress oxidation and algae growth, by adding water you may make concentration too weak. It would be beneficial to add Feser Base to restore the balance.

AmuseMe

I plan on running everything through a closed loop going res > pump > part. Each one at a time. (with distiller water)

AmuseMe

Just wondering, what is the best way to set up the EK Res? I had it going out the bottom, the very bottom one, and coming in through the left side on on the acteal bottom piece. I do have G1/4" plugs that I can put on.

Standard Picture:
res2rev101.jpg

rai_polo

Dude, what setting is you pump set to if it's the vario? That looks like a pump issue and since you have an aftermarket pump top you may have messed up the installation. You can either test it with a different pump or test your pump. If your in toronto I have a pump you can borrow.

HOlla.

Dazmode

You can set up EK res as you pleased. No rules. Some people mount it upside down from your picture, other use two bottom parts... This is truly universal res.

Setting inlet and outlet by different sides of divider at the bottom will reduce vortex effect.

Latest posts