What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Lose the talking ads.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
I just had "Congratulations, you've won"! screamed to me and most of my workmates. I used to be able to bluff this site off as research.

sswilson

Staff member
What was the ad for, and which part of the webpage did it appear in? If it was a google ad, the back room folks can block it, if it snuck in another way we might have to block the IP.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
It was definitely on here. the banner ad between the menu bar and the post reply button. This was the only window open and the ad said click here to claim your prize.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
How about not using adblock on HWC so you can actually give back to a site that provides you with a forum and so much more? You do realize that through those ads we are able to pay for site upkeep, keep the servers running, etc. right? And if you know that already, why the hell would you not add HWC to your list of exceptions?

As for the "Congrats!" thing, we don't have it so it may have been from another tab. If it happened to pop up our usual Google banner rotation, consider it nuked immediately.

enaberif

How about not using adblock on HWC so you can actually give back to a site that provides you with a forum and so much more? You do realize that through those ads we are able to pay for site upkeep, keep the servers running, etc. right? And if you know that already, why the hell would you not add HWC to your list of exceptions?

As for the "Congrats!" thing, we don't have it so it may have been from another tab. If it happened to pop up our usual Google banner rotation, consider it nuked immediately.
You honestly think I click on those ads? HAH!

Like it or not a large majority of people are tired of said ads and block them as I do myself.

Don't like it too bad.

Latest posts

Twitter