What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

LOTRO mmo to go free to play

ultraman7k

I'm on Firefoot. Played quite a bit on friday and saturday...made it lvl 15 as a guardian. Too bad my time limited horse has run out...it looks like I'm horseless till level 20, and will need to buy the skill from the turbine store? I'm having tons of fun with this game, sort of reminiscent of WoW when I had fun with it. almost makes me wish I'd played this when it was Pay to play.

btw, does anyone know what it costs per month to have the 'full game' in perpetuity?

Polygon

I'm playing a guardian dwarf from the iron hills :ph34r: I don't find MMO's that interesting anymore, most of them are the same and a waste of time. They usually get boring quickly too. Only thing with LOTRO is that my friends play it and I like the lotr books and films.

Stock

Hm I thought there was some other way of getting a mount aside from buying it @ the turbine store (500 silvers anyone?)

Also just a heads up, f2p can't post any items up on the Auction House. You have to buy 5 slots for 295 turbine points. Oh, and the bank is in Bree.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Ahem. +1 on that JayDee, that's a great site. I picked up the one month VIP from Direct2drive for $5 on sale last week, enjoying it so far. And I'm on Imladris, BTW.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Forgive the double post, but I've made a terrible mistake. I have avoided MMORPG games until now, but I'm now spending all my gaming time in Middle Earth. I hadn't even signed onto Steam for 3 days, until tonight.

Be forewarned. LOTRO may be addictive.:biggrin:

sswilson

Staff member
Forgive the double post, but I've made a terrible mistake. I have avoided MMORPG games until now, but I'm now spending all my gaming time in Middle Earth. I hadn't even signed onto Steam for 3 days, until tonight.

Be forewarned. LOTRO may be addictive.:biggrin:

Did you drop any coin, or are you sticking with the free play?

Latest posts