What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Lots of studdering and low FPS in Valheim

r0k0

Folding Team
anyone else notice this ? gaming pc is 10700K/32GB/3080 and living room pc is 6700K/16GB/R9 390

both get mad studdering and low fps... like around 30-60fps on my 3080......

Solace

games not optimized, stuttering is occuring everywhere but the low fps seems low, try forcing 3rd performance profile

Shadowmeph

if it is just one game doing this and all the drivers are up to date and northing running in the back ground I say very lazy programming moist games out there have poor programming . but also sometimes with newer vid cards there might be driver issues . years ago I had a game that I actually had to underclock my card for the game to not crash but a few months later they fixed the issue with video card drivers

Lysrin

Remember, Valheim is still early access at this point so there are going to be issues. I wouldn't nail them for lazy or poor programming yet ;)

I get occasional pauses on my set up but nothing too serious. I can reduce that by dropping the draw distance a notch but I'd prefer to have the occasional slight pause over continues terrain and and feature pop-in as I run around.

Shadowmeph

Remember, Valheim is still early access at this point so there are going to be issues. I wouldn't nail them for lazy or poor programming yet ;)

I get occasional pauses on my set up but nothing too serious. I can reduce that by dropping the draw distance a notch but I'd prefer to have the occasional slight pause over continues terrain and and feature pop-in as I run around.
usually lazy programming cause issues but like you said early access must be the same as beta testing

Lysrin

usually lazy programming cause issues but like you said early access must be the same as beta testing
Yes, early access is alpha and beta testing to a large degree. Difference is instead of an internal team doing your testing you open it to the public.

Pros and cons - public can get turned off if your game has too many issues but pro is it opens you up to a very large test audience. That's helpful for an indie developer on a smaller budget for sure.

Have to be careful though. Some games release early access and then never deliver. You do take some risk buying in before release. I've only really been burned by that once so far. Buyer beware hold true.