What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Lots of studdering and low FPS in Valheim

Shadowarez

Folding Team
ARK was one I bought in way to Early returned for refund within a hour of trying very glitchy non functional. But we'll see how this goes.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
So if I'm reading these reviews right, is this game like an exploration version of Minecraft?

I'll check out some twitch streams later...I like loot/explore games, but not a big fan of lego.

crazyea

No, It's more a a game along the lines of rust, or similar. It's a survival / battle / hunting / gathering game. I guess Minecraft survival is like that as well, but I haven't seen any blocks so far.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
No, It's more a a game along the lines of rust, or similar. It's a survival / battle / hunting / gathering game. I guess Minecraft survival is like that as well, but I haven't seen any blocks so far.
Gotcha. I use 'lego' as a catch all for these 'recipe' style games. Nautica, Rust, Minecraft. I get they're different, but to me they're all the same that way, and I lack interest.

Herne

For those who are hooked, I think this is perfect substitute background
music:

Vittra

So if I'm reading these reviews right, is this game like an exploration version of Minecraft?

I'll check out some twitch streams later...I like loot/explore games, but not a big fan of lego.

3D version of Terraria/Starbound.

Essentially more involved than a base Minecraft, but less involved than a true survival style game.

Examples - you eat food for buffs, not because hunger will kill you. Breaking down items provides their full value back to you unlike some games where you get only a portion back, and repairing items is free - you just need to go to a workbench that is appropriate for the gear you are repairing.

Soultribunal

Staff member
3D version of Terraria/Starbound.

Essentially more involved than a base Minecraft, but less involved than a true survival style game.

Examples - you eat food for buffs, not because hunger will kill you. Breaking down items provides their full value back to you unlike some games where you get only a portion back, and repairing items is free - you just need to go to a workbench that is appropriate for the gear you are repairing.

They have definitely made the crafting and survival system simple. I do enjoy games where eating and drinking are important, but not ever survival game needs to be hardcore, and this is a shining example of doing it right.

As for the OP. It is the only game where I have graphical issues on either system that I use, so I chalk it up to drivers not being optimized for the game along with issues in the game code itself. I would only start to worry if it was full release and still doing it.

-ST

Herne

They have definitely made the crafting and survival system simple. I do enjoy games where eating and drinking are important, but not ever survival game needs to be hardcore, and this is a shining example of doing it right.

As for the OP. It is the only game where I have graphical issues on either system that I use, so I chalk it up to drivers not being optimized for the game along with issues in the game code itself. I would only start to worry if it was full release and still doing it.

-ST
Exactly.

You won't starve, but what to eat has its own strategic level- just because you are full doesn't mean you have enough HP and/or stamina recovery to survive where you are going. The crafting system is solid, but getting ingredients back reduces most irritations of its limitations and quirks.

r0k0

Folding Team
after a few days of gaming seems to have settled down oh also when i enabled vsync it fixed the low fps, just shuddering left.. oh well !

thanks everyone for the feedback