What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Loud rear fan

forsakendad

Hi,

I have the Corsair 380T case and have replaced the fans with ultra-silent ones. It's very strange, if I move the fan away from the rear side or replace it with any other fan's position, it will produce almost no noise. If I leave it in the back, it will make a fairly silent but slight buzzing noise. This happens for all of my fans that I put into that position. Does this have something to do with my empty case space?

Attached is the inside of my computer. The loud nose is coming from the right-most back white fan with the LED. I have a weird fan setup as that's taking air into the case.

I should mention that I have rubber mounts on it, and have tried different types of screws, and of course different ways to control the fan. Never mind the terrible cable management, I'm waiting on an RMA'ed video card to finalize everything. ;)

Attachments

sswilson

Staff member
Thinking outside of the box here... you say you're waiting for a vid card RMA and I can't tell if you've got a card currently installed or are running on IGP. If you're running in IGP is there any chance you didn't secure the vid card lockdown brace and that's what's amplifying the slight vibration?

ZZLEE

Flip it the other way round as exhaust. My guess is turbulence due to the other fan right next to it.

forsakendad

I should have given a bit more detail... but right now I have a 660 ti sitting inside of there.

I'll give flipping it around a try and report my results.

Update: I flipped my fan and thought it was fixed but... now I think it was ... actually my 660 ti. Sorry guys, it's been a rough day.

Double update: So I flipped my fan back into place after thinking my 660 ti was the majority of the noise but.. ZZLEE was right! It was indeed a turbulence issue. Thanks again for the help!

Attachments

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter