What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Low profile AM4 heatsink

JD

Staff member
Maybe somebody has something in mind, I haven't really found much...

The problem is, it's for an ASRock Rack X470D4U and the RAM slots are really close to the CPU due to the orientation. Really tricky from a compatibility standpoint and a design flaw I'd say. It resides in a 2U chassis, so again, limiting options that much further :ROFLMAO:

What I thought was going to work was this: https://gelidsolutions.com/thermal-solutions/cpu-cooler-slim-silence-am4/ but it's absolutely garbage for cooling. The Ryzen 3600 I'm running quickly climbs to 95C and starts throttling. No idea how they claim it can cool an 85W TDP CPU. I suppose I can put in much higher speed 80mm fans in the case, but I'm aiming for silence here...

I have the Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 as well, that doesn't fit as it blocks the first RAM slot.

Mr. Friendly

how much height can the chassis accommodate for the cooler? you might want to look at threads on the SFF Reddit to see what others are using in their cases.

JD

Staff member