What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Low profile HSF for 2600k

lowfat

Staff member
So I am wanting to build myself a MATX P67/2600k machine. The case is a Lian Li PC-V352, so I don't have much vertical height.

I was thinking about grabbing a Corsair H50, but since Sandy Bridge seems to not benefit all that much from high end cooling I don't really want to spend $70 on a cooling it. Anyone have any other suggestions that would fit? I had a Thermalright AXP-140 in the past and loved it, but it seems to have been discontinued.

crazyhorsejohnny

So I am wanting to build myself a MATX P67/2600k machine. The case is a Lian Li PC-V352, so I don't have much vertical height.

I was thinking about grabbing a Corsair H50, but since Sandy Bridge seems to not benefit all that much from high end cooling I don't really want to spend $70 on a cooling it. Anyone have any other suggestions that would fit? I had a Thermalright AXP-140 in the past and loved it, but it seems to have been discontinued.

Not sure if they still make it but what about the Noctua one that uses a 92mm fan? Might not be enough cooling though.

ilya

_dangtx_

Banned
for low profile scythe is king, as per above if it fits with your ram etc go for it :)

Kattivo

Wow, I just started putting together a Sandy Bridge setup in a V351B...what are the chances! So far from what I have read, the Scythe Big Shuriken, Scythe Ninja Mini, and Thermalright AXP-140 all fit. There's a huge thread on Hard Forums dedicated to the Lian-Li's V350 series of cases...some good reading in there.

I was thinking about running an H50, but I'm trying to keep the clutter inside the case down to a minimum in order to keep other components as cool as possible.

Latest posts