What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed lowfat's Big Lian Li.

lowfat

Staff member
I darkened up the coolant a bit today and worked on the GPU cables. O man do I hate GPU cables. They always look awkward to me no matter what. The last two pics were taking long after dark so they look rather bad.

trodas

I hate GPU cables. They always look awkward to me no matter what.
Very nice pictures. Indeed the GPU cables look weird. What about to make them exit the card with the same ange, as the card is? Might they look like as appendix to the card, might that help a little?

If they exit the sight parallely with the GFX card, it might look even smaller, if you can manage to arrange them by rotated 90 degrees to what they are now. That make the awkward problem at least smaller.

trodas

Well, yes. I know that it must go behind the plate on witch mainboard is, however if that would be in strictly straight fashion, it will IMHO looks far nicer.
Why not possible? Is the lenght of the wires the problem?

BTW, the PSU box exterior was sprayed with the ProGrip too, right?

lowfat

Staff member
Well, yes. I know that it must go behind the plate on witch mainboard is, however if that would be in strictly straight fashion, it will IMHO looks far nicer.
Why not possible? Is the lenght of the wires the problem?

BTW, the PSU box exterior was sprayed with the ProGrip too, right?
A - The wires would sag, a lot.

B - I only have enough room to stack cables two high behind the motherboard tray. Here is an older pic of how it gets held behind the motherboard tray.

It is a bit different now but the rentention bars are still pretty much the same. I have 6mm of height to work with. If it were possible to have the cables go straight to the right i would need to be able to have like 7 wires stacked which isn't going to work :haha:.

I also broke 450 pics in this log of of last night. Funny, I honestly thought I was going to be down this in a couple of weeks after starting. :doh:

lowfat

Staff member
So I went and remade one the cables w/ some extra length. I also put more tension on the cables by shorting the retention bars. And I can finally say I am happy w/ my GPU cables.

clshades

I was lookin at those fittings on Dazmodes site the other day. You don't think that acrylic needs to be supported at all? I wouldn't imagine there's very much weight there but wouldn't small vibrations slowly allow that stuff to slip out of the fitting? It looks very very cool though man. I like it a lot.

lowfat

Staff member
I was lookin at those fittings on Dazmodes site the other day. You don't think that acrylic needs to be supported at all? I wouldn't imagine there's very much weight there but wouldn't small vibrations slowly allow that stuff to slip out of the fitting? It looks very very cool though man. I like it a lot.
I can't comment on the EK ones but I'd assume they'd be tight. The tubing isn't really isn't heavier than regular tubing. The tubing really should never come out as long as it was installed correctly. Pulling the tubing out w/ the compression ring in place is rather difficult. Not impossible but difficult.

akira749

What Lowfat (and me) are using is the Primochill Rigid compression fittings and tubing.

Daz doesn't sell Primochill fittings and tubing so you must be mistaken here. But to answer you, once the fitting is tighten it will take a pretty good amount of force to pull out the tube. :thumb:

Twitter