What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed lowfat's Big Lian Li.

lowfat

Staff member
Nice stuff man. I am proud of you and the work you keep on doing to this mod. Keep it up:thumb:

Thanks. I am rather proud too. :biggrin:

The end is in sight now. Need to make two fan cables, sleeve front panel cables, drill a few holes, powder coat, and get some custom acrylic work done. Might even finish this year! :haha:

lowfat

Staff member
This first pic is how the coolant actually looks. It is hard to get detailed pics of the rest of the system unfortunately unless I overexpose. I haven't done any actual new work on it.

lowfat

Staff member
I didn't notice before... did you frost the cylinder of your res?

Yes. It was heavily scratched from a system I did a few years ago. Was able to get rid of most just by heating the acrylic with a heat gun. The rest I got rid of by frosting it. There will be more frosted acrylic in the final version of the system as I am aware the single frosted piece looks out of place.

sswilson

Staff member
Yes. It was heavily scratched from a system I did a few years ago. Was able to get rid of most just by heating the acrylic with a heat gun. The rest I got rid of by frosting it. There will be more frosted acrylic in the final version of the system as I am aware the single frosted piece looks out of place.

Didn't look out of place at all IMO. I was thinking that it did a pretty good job of accentuating the colour match between the sleeving and your coolant.

hero1

The more I look at this build the more I want to experiment with acrylic tubes. I like the frosted res, looks awesome.

lowfat

Staff member
You need a lot of patience for acylic. At least if you want to do a good job. It is similar to sleeving in which you can't be afraid to toss the piece and start over if you make a mistake. If you make a bad bend there is almost no going back and fixing it.

hero1

You need a lot of patience for acylic. At least if you want to do a good job. It is similar to sleeving in which you can't be afraid to toss the piece and start over if you make a mistake. If you make a bad bend there is almost no going back and fixing it.

I am a very patient man and this mod I am doing plus the sleeves have taught me even more. I will wait for the right time, and most likely when I get the second GPU after the mod is done. Look, once again you have managed to inspire me and that is not a small feat:thumb:

Latest posts