What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed lowfat's Big Lian Li.

Father Fuzzy

i'm sure you will Dig did the cheap extension set

isnt as scary as the reverse lens adapter

lowfat

Staff member
ProGripped the backside of my sound card. I didn't like how all the silver solder points showed. Plus matte pcb > glossy. :whistle:

enaberif

If you want a super macro just take two lenses and join them together. Its a bit tricky to do but I did it with a 70-300mm and a 18-55 kit lens and was very surprised at the macro level.

I would show you but I can't access the photos right now.

lowfat

Staff member
After I play around with the extension rigs I'll grab a coupler as well but you can easily damage the camera or the lens due to weight.

trodas

Replacing caps on such beautifully moded card won't be easy, tough... :)

I would first replace the caps and then apply the progrip spray :D

Purchased a 4770K... I delidded it.
Uhm, you what...? I see you removed the IHS, but delidded? What did you do to the poor CPU! :shok:

Yes I used the hammer & vice method again. You shouldn't be using plywood though as it is just too soft. Took way more hits than it should have. But it was all I had laying around.
I hope you did not used such brutal tools on gentle CPU, but on something else.
The IHS should come off easily, when you cut off the rubber around and THEN heat the IHS from bottom with small hobby torch to the melting point and thein it come off itself.

You using any other method?

And I would like to ask - where is picture of the core? I wonder how well you managed to lap the core of the CPU :biggrin:

Last edited:

lowfat

Staff member
Replacing caps on such beautifully moded card won't be easy, tough... :)

I would first replace the caps and then apply the progrip spray :D

Uhm, you what...? I see you removed the IHS, but delidded? What did you do to the poor CPU! :shok:

I hope you did not used such brutal tools on gentle CPU, but on something else.
The IHS should come off easily, when you cut off the rubber around and THEN heat the IHS from bottom with small hobby torch to the melting point and thein it come off itself.

You using any other method?

And I would like to ask - where is picture of the core? I wonder how well you managed to lap the core of the CPU :biggrin:
Can't say I've ever had to recap well anything. If I had to I can easily peel this stuff off. Then reapply later on.

Yes i used a hammer and vice on my CPU. It is the proven way to pop off the IHS. Much less risky than using razor blades in my opinion.

Some pics of the Plasti-Dipped RevoDrive 3.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter