What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed lowfat's Big Lian Li.

lowfat

Staff member
A few more WIP pics

Holy sausage fingers batman

These fans have a hard reflective sticker. Rather impressed, except they aren't black. :sad:

My new radiators fans. Supposedly these Phanteks are top dog for quieter high pressure 140mm fans.

Monsoon silver bullets, came with a reservoir I bought. Pretty nifty but I won't be using them.

Sheet of aluminum w/ plastic wrapping in place.

Weird angle shot of the backside of the mainboard tray.

Have the SSD and fan controller mounted in place. This is just a temporary SSD so I can get the cables made. I have a 480GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe on the way.

lowfat

Staff member
Really need to get this thing finished. It sucks not having a computer. I am doing all my updates via my HTPC and tablet. Getting close though.

The last days I have worked on the cabling again.

Just need to crimp on some new crimps.

Purolator lady was nice to me this week.

Also got a new SSD. Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 480GB. Immediately took off the label. Love the brushed black aluminum look to it.

Yesterday morning I 'finished' the PSU wiring. That is a first for this build. :bananafunky:

Then I started working on aluminum. Cut a new false floor and a frontside 5.25" drive bay cover. Still need to mount them properly.

sswilson

Staff member
I don't comment often as I'm sure you don't want to hear the sound of my drooling, but damn dude....

lowfat

Staff member
Work of art Lowfat!!! That picture below is so hot!!

Realforce keyboard....I didn't knew them...I will look at their website thanks :thumb:

It going to be an awesome end result!!!

:thumb:

The Realforce keyboards are a mechanical / membrane / capacitive hybrid. Extremely well built. Wish I had grabbed the black one but unfortunately they were back ordered and I didn't want to wait.

I don't comment often as I'm sure you don't want to hear the sound of my drooling, but damn dude....
:haha:

Nibbled a new 5.25" side cover. This one is a bit larger to fit the radiator a bit better. Also mounted the false floor properly.

Then I mounted the front radiator.

A few pics w/ the hardware reinstalled.

The last few days I have been attempting to use the Monsoon mandrels. It hasn't been going so good. I went through 8 feet doing this single run and it still isn't right. It is 2-3 degrees off.:sad:

lowfat

Staff member
Thanks. :biggrin:

Spend all day yesterday doing the loop. The 3-4 days previous do that I spend on practicing. These mandrels are a nightmare to master IMHO. I still don't have it. I unfortunately ran out of tubing.

sswilson

Staff member
One of these days I'm going to have to pick myself up a set of nibblers. I keep seeing them mentioned, and folks seem to be getting good results with them, but I've never seen a pair let alone tried one out.

Latest posts