What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed lowfat's Big Lian Li.

lowfat

Staff member
If I were really worried about temps I wouldn't be using an LTX for a waterblock. But really I don't think the extra few degrees makes much of a difference.

This FINALLY showed up today. Was supposed to be delivered two days ago. I rather dislike Canada Post, always try to avoid using them whenever possible.

hero1

Nice stuff. I thought they said that the Titan/780 blocks weren't compatible with the 780Ti? Glad to see you make it work.

lowfat

Staff member
Nice stuff. I thought they said that the Titan/780 blocks weren't compatible with the 780Ti? Glad to see you make it work.

In EK's words they aren't 'safely' compatible. I had to dremel some of the acrylic. If you look at the picture w/ the block, on the far right there are some caps. The top capacitor prevented the block from mounting. I had to dremel the area there to get it to fit. You can ever so slightly see the tool marks. I tried to sand and polish it but there still is a few marks left. I'll have to sand down to 800 grit to fix next time I take the block off.

The GTX780Ti has a few more VRMs than the non-Ti. They don't make proper contact w/ the block. So I had to use a few thicker thermal pads. Took a few hours to figure out the heights and were to place them. But in the end it saves me $150 so it was worth it.

This card is an absolute beast. 1351/3875MHz isn't a problem. I can game/fold/bench at that clockspeed. Although I can't take it any higher w/o issues. Can't wait till Afterburner actually supports it and I can crank the voltage.

lowfat

Staff member
Repolished my GPU block and pump today. Forgot to take pics though. The nickel once again has a mirror finish. I had a moment of creativity this morning and this is the outcome....

lowfat

Staff member
Good news!

The end result will look awesome i'm sure!!!

I hope so. This really is the first time I've done replacement panels from scratch. Besides a drill I'll be doing it all by hand too. :blarg:

Picked up some 2.25mm thick aluminum locally today.

Marked where to cut for the backplate.

Hmm. Might even attempt to make a clean motherboard tray. Should be just enough.

Cutting w/ the nibbler. This aluminum is twice the thickness of the 'max' size for the nibbler. It works but it definitely is straining on the hands. :(

Latest posts