What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Lucky Mobile

cmac79

Anyone using this? My wife and i decided to give it a go. We both have the same phone that we got with koodo a cpl years ago. Hers was locked but mine wasn't. she called into koodo and got her unlock code. I put the lucky mobile sim in mine and it all works fine. But even after putting the unlock code her phones keeps saying no service. Can't get anyone on lucky customer service cause never home in time and it's always closed. Would anyone have any idea why. The phone is an LG stylo 3

JD

Staff member
Lucky is just a Bell sub-brand, and Koodo is Telus...which uses Bell's network in the East anyhow, so I don't think it's any compatibility issues band-wise or such.

Did you try your SIM in her phone? Could just be that her SIM is defective/not activated properly.

I presume you've rebooted the phone? Tried a "network reset" in the settings? Could be that the APN stuff is still configured to Koodo and didn't flip to Lucky.

cmac79

Yes i tired her sim in my phone and it works fine. factory reset and network reset hers and nothing

supaflyx3

You'll likely need to enter the APN details to connect to their network if it isn't grabbing them automatically

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Is it (are they) an iPhone? if you don't do a full restore via iTunes, it wont unlock.

Cannon Fodder

Yup, I've had this same issue..... I bought a used Samsung S3 to use on Lucky, and the previous owner said it was locked to Koodo, so I called Koodo, and got the unlock code, which, unfortunately, didn't work. I called them back, and told them the code didn't work, so they asked for the IMEI again, and confirmed that the code I was previously given was correct. I tried it again, and still no workie, so the person I was talking to said they'd escalate the issue, and call me back.

While waiting for them to call back, I did some looking on the 'net, and found some info that did the trick..... I simply Googled something like, "Samsung S3 doesn't accept unlock code", and several pages came up with info about using the "Debugging Mode", and that worked. banana

I suggest you do a similar Google search, for your particular phone model, and see if that'll get it sorted out.

Good luck (y), and let us know how it goes.

And BTW, Koodo never did call me back...... 🙄

Did some lookin' around, and found this page, that MIGHT help with the problem: https://soporte.doctorsim.com/hc/en-us/articles/216722647-LG-Unlocking-Troubleshooting-Guide

Last edited:

cmac79

Yup, I've had this same issue..... I bought a used Samsung S3 to use on Lucky, and the previous owner said it was locked to Koodo, so I called Koodo, and got the unlock code, which, unfortunately, didn't work. I called them back, and told them the code didn't work, so they asked for the IMEI again, and confirmed that the code I was previously given was correct. I tried it again, and still no workie, so the person I was talking to said they'd escalate the issue, and call me back.

While waiting for them to call back, I did some looking on the 'net, and found some info that did the trick..... I simply Googled something like, "Samsung S3 doesn't accept unlock code", and several pages came up with info about using the "Debugging Mode", and that worked. banana

I suggest you do a similar Google search, for your particular phone model, and see if that'll get it sorted out.

Good luck (y), and let us know how it goes.

And BTW, Koodo never did call me back...... 🙄

Did some lookin' around, and found this page, that MIGHT help with the problem: https://soporte.doctorsim.com/hc/en-us/articles/216722647-LG-Unlocking-Troubleshooting-Guide
The thing is after putting in the unlock code the phone said unlocked successfully ..i have googled away like mad and found nohting that worked :(