What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

m.2 not detected

belgolas

So I just finished building a computer with an Asus TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING motherboard with a AMD Athlon 200GE CPU and a M.2 970 Evo PCIe SSD.

I updated to the latest bios and the M.2 drive is not showing up in the bios or in windows installer. No other drive is connected. Not sure what is going on. Oh and I am running off of just the integrated graphics right now.

rjbarker

Figure it out yet? Maybe some hidden thing in the BIOS screen requires a tweak or enabling? Check under Hardware section in BIOS....firmly seated ?

D

Dark Knight

Either it's not seated or inserted properly (M2 take some coaxing to get into the slot at an angle) or the 970 Evo is possibly DOA or defective.

JD

Staff member
Not really sure what the architecture of the Athlon 200GE is but Guru3D's review mentions it only has a 8x PCIe 3.0 for a GPU, so perhaps there simply isn't any available PCIe lanes for the NVMe slot to function?

It's such a new CPU though, could just need further BIOS updates to work as well. Maybe reach out to ASUS?

belgolas

I swapped my m.2 drive from my Intel system and that doesn't show up but the 970 shows up in my computer.

So not sure what to do. I may have a defective motherboard. Maybe I will go for a m.2 card that fits in the PCIe slots.

The CPU has 8+4 PCIE lanes so I assume it will have enough.

D

Dark Knight

If you have a PCI Express M2 card you could try that and see if it detects it. A bad M.2 port would be rare.

rjbarker

I swapped my m.2 drive from my Intel system and that doesn't show up but the 970 shows up in my computer.

So not sure what to do. I may have a defective motherboard. Maybe I will go for a m.2 card that fits in the PCIe slots.

The CPU has 8+4 PCIE lanes so I assume it will have enough.

Troubleshoot as much as you can....the possibility of a borked Mobo is certainly a possibility...my 1st RIVE Board had a borked DIMM Slot...

rjbarker

I gave up and just used a SATA SSD.

Provided you hit all the right BIOS settings..and maybe queried on ROG Asus Forum ....I would consider an RMA....although bad slots (as in PCI-E....DIMM or in your case M.2) is rare..it happens.....

Latest posts

Twitter