What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

M-Audio AV30

martin_metal_88

Hey guys how are you today! So from beginning, my speaker just let me down so I need new one. I don't want big sub but I still want decent base and great sound quality. I was looking for the M-Audio AV-30, here is a link.
M-AUDIO - Studiophile AV 30 - Compact Desktop Speaker System

So guys tell me what you know about these. Why I am asking here is because I really hope someone have them and can tell me yes they are good or not. If you guys have other suggestion to me I'm a open guys but there is some spec I want to keep.
-I don't them to make noise if they are open. Like a scratching when nothing is playing.
- I don't want them to big I don't need a Over 9000W system.
-If possible there is some system I saw before with upgrade possibility like to add a sub and some more speaker on the system that would be nice but really not necessary.
-I want them to have a good sound and a good balance.
- I would not paid 1000$ for new speaker I already have good in the living room so a price tag at 300$ would be the maximum.

Thx for your help HWC!!!

Arinoth

Staff member
What sound card are you using as whatever speakers you buy (even if they are top of the line) will only sound as good as the quality of the sound card outputting the sound to them

gingerbee

great set of speakers and even on-board is fine for them. most on board is more then enough for most unless your an audiophile

martin_metal_88

I am planning on getting a sound card soon, I was waiting to see what set of speaker to get and try them to see if really needed or if the onboard sound card was enough. I was looking at these 2 guys
NCIX.com - Buy AuzenTech X-PLOSION Cinema 7.1 Sound Card DTS Connect Dolby Digital Live Sound Card PCI 32BIT - AZT-XPCINE In Canada.
NCIX.com - Buy HT Omega Striker 7.1 Channel PCI Sound Card 24BIT DTS Dolby Digital Live S/PDIF IN/OUT Coaxial - STRIKER_7.1 In Canada.

But the speaker will come in first. On this computer I am mainly looking movie and playing game + HWC :p but I also listen to music a little part of the time that's why a sound card is not in my priority.

bottle

My suggestion.

I haven't heard these personally, but they look promising. Planning to get a set when they go down.

If you're into movies the S550 might be better for you.

Breaks the budget a bit, but I'm sure these will be on sale soon.

martin_metal_88

Only prob is that...they are back ordered. Cool sugestion at all but sub is way to big for what I am looking for. I would like to replace my big sub by a little one or no sub. Take to much place under my desk and in my apartement soon will be...always close if I have bad neighbourg under me.

cbb77

I have these speakers and they rock! They can get extremely loud with little distortion. I am currently using them with my X-fi Gamer card. I typically only have the volume up 1/4 of the way as again they play loud. The only negatives I can mention is 1. they are large speakers. I replaced a set of Creative labs speakers with these and they take up a bit of desk space. Just make sure you have room for them. 2. Second issue is the power button is in the rear. This is only a nit but would have been better up front. Since they are amplified I tend not to leave them on if I am not really listening to anything as I noticed they can get warm; not hot, just warm. Thus I would rather be safe than sorry so turn off when not needed. Overall am extremely happy with them.

martin_metal_88

Will be mainly for gaming and sometime listening to movie so the bass isn't that important. What I am the more searching is a clear sound, a good quality and...not that big with a dead huge sub.