What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

MacBook for Graphics Design

justmehereajax

Over the years, I have been doing graphics design. It was my hobby and now I do it often whenever there is work for me. I do mostly icons and the featured images at RHR.

I have been thinking of getting a nice laptop for just its screen. I have the laptop in my signature that I do work on and a ASUS ProArt monitor that I use when I am at home. The laptop is old but gets the job done. It is no video editing rig lol. I like the Touchscreen on my old Dell and the screen is quite good.

I have been watching YouTubers who work remotely with Macs. They travel with Macs everywhere. I think it would be nice to get a MacBook with nice screen and battery life.

My buddy John at RHR says MSI Spectre series is good on the Windows side.

A MacBook Pro is what I am looking to get ...

Another buddy of mine has a 2015 MacBook Pro and I love the screen it has.

Is it better to get a laptop and find a good screen to replace it? Any recommendations. All I really want is a excellent screen like my ProArt monitor

JD

Staff member
I don't think a Macbook Pro really offers anything notable for it's cost premium. You can get "premium" Windows laptops too that will do everything the same.

It's really more a question of if you're more comfortable with macOS or Windows.

If you're sticking to the Windows side, look at the Dell XPS or Lenovo Yoga & X1 lines.

Izerous

I have a macbook pro... i use it clamshelled almost all of the time.

If you have a high quality monitor to hook up to you will most likely continue to use it unless your out and about. Larger screen size etc.

moocow

I don't do any art work at all but my sister is using a MacBook Pro as a mobile solution while using a Hackintosh with a NEC monitor at home. So what exactly is the requirement for the laptop? For example, Adobe RGB 100% color? Touch screen? Adobe CC for Mac? I mean if you don't need to use a Mac, why pick a Mac? There are Adobe RGB 100% laptops out there. The are only 2 things preventing my sister from move to PC: #1 is everyone else is using a Mac, including the print shops. #2 is the fonts on PC aren't the same on Mac. To eliminate compatibility issues with clients and print shops, she's stuck with the MacOS environment.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter