What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Macbook Pro Problems (older generation not unibody)

Cadence

Hi guys,
my friend has a problem with her Macbook Pro 15" non-unibody, the generation before it with the DVI port,
first she installed Snow Leopard and then it stopped booting properly. She thought it was a harddrive problem so she installed a Western Digital 500GB (she doesn't remember which line) probably Black Caviar line since she apparently paid $65-70 for it (unless she got really ripped off).

Then she took it to the Apple store and an employee tried to install Snow Leopard on it and it wouldn't boot after either.
Any suggestions? I haven't personally ripped into it myself yet.

m1dget

...and the or any employee at the Apple store didn't help her with the issue? o_O

If you go in the EFI OS selection screen, do you see the OSX volume? (I don't have a Mac so I can't test for myself but it should be there iirc)

If it's there and you try to start it do you see an error message whatever it is?