What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Machine Screw Source (M3-M4-M5 etc)

danmitch1

Hey guys , aside from the usual, is there a good place to source machine screws mentioned in the title?
I found variety boxes on amazon but I dont really need the majority of them. I was by home depot on the weekend and they had a limited selection.
Is there a "place" for this or?

sswilson

Staff member
I go to fastenal and buy them in boxes of 50 for around $5.

They're more of a B2B storefront than a retail one so I always show up with a page print of the sku and associated info....

JD

Staff member
Amazon has some various sets too if you need it next-day (or however fast Amazon reaches you). Obviously a fair bit of markup though, but you get an assortment of sizes with washers and nuts for roughly $20.

fitbrit

McMaster-Carr for gold level service, and very fast shipping.
Are the Ali Express ones any good? I usually can't plan ahead long enough when I need some.

lowfat

Staff member
Are the Ali Express ones any good? I usually can't plan ahead long enough when I need some.
Yes. Probably any hardware you are buying is from China anyways.

I get black oxide coated hardware if possible and they are fantastic quality. Costing is very durable.

Latest posts