What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Macs Overpriced?

Digikid

Banned
Got it. Kijiji for $900.00 brand new. Sweet deal!!!!!

Gets hot though on the back. HHHmmm....

Also ordered the normal sized keyboard instead of this tiny little thing that they call a keyboard. Gaming sucks though....even Portal from steam runs at like 17FPS. :(

lowfat

Staff member
Got it. Kijiji for $900.00 brand new. Sweet deal!!!!!

Also ordered the normal sized keyboard instead of this tiny little thing that they call a keyboard. Gaming sucks though....even Portal from steam runs at like 17FPS. :(
The tiny keyboard is awesome. No way I will ever go back to a full sized keyboard. Being able to keep my mouse a few inches from the home row is great.

m1dget

The tiny keyboard is awesome. No way I will ever go back to a full sized keyboard. Being able to keep my mouse a few inches from the home row is great.
As much as I would like to agree with you that their keyboard is awesome it just can't beat my IBM Model M replica :ph34r:

SneakySnake

hot on the back is just something that any thin laptop has to deal with.

Sure, other laptops with the same specs and temps don't feel hot, but they're double the thickness. Remember that the MBP is under an inch thick

SneakySnake

Imac...not a Macbook.
my mistake, i was to lazy to read the back posts :whistle:

The iMacs do get quite warm, specially with the aluminum enclosure. I had an old white plastic one, and it didn't get nearly as hot to the touch. Although that's probably a bad thing. The aluminum case conducts more of the heat away then the white plastic.

martin_metal_88

For the desktop ones, if i may call them like that, they are workstation: not to be compared or mistaken with normal consumer desktop machines or gaming rigs like most of the members here have. They are aimed at professionals or people who -really- want them. Though they are built like servers which greatly helps for maintenance or changing parts.
Most part are foxconn made and after spending the last few years of my last repairing computer ( including MAC ) MacPro and Imac and everything, the quality is just the same you will get with a DIY computer. Note here that I don't dislike apple I think they have good product but I just can't stand anymore beside people who keep saying they have better build quality. They answer is just no, they are the same part made by the same manufacturer. I remember a series of Imac 20 inch in late 2007 that was under a recall because of QUANTAS made board ( quantas make board for HP and other OEM for over 15 years now ). I say again, good product, good OS, nice look, but not better quality. The big Mac ( tower one ) I beleive they are Mac pro? I can't actually remember the exact name are make from more specifiq part from certain manufacturer like Asus and other big name but again you can have the exact same quality in your home pc.

Latest posts

Twitter