What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Macs Overpriced?

m1dget

Most part are foxconn made and after spending the last few years of my last repairing computer ( including MAC ) MacPro and Imac and everything, the quality is just the same you will get with a DIY computer. Note here that I don't dislike apple I think they have good product but I just can't stand anymore beside people who keep saying they have better build quality. They answer is just no, they are the same part made by the same manufacturer. I remember a series of Imac 20 inch in late 2007 that was under a recall because of QUANTAS made board ( quantas make board for HP and other OEM for over 15 years now ). I say again, good product, good OS, nice look, but not better quality. The big Mac ( tower one ) I beleive they are Mac pro? I can't actually remember the exact name are make from more specifiq part from certain manufacturer like Asus and other big name but again you can have the exact same quality in your home pc.

Built like servers ==

macpro_inside-lg.jpg

You will never get that with a normal desktop machine.

Neolithium_Wpg

Midget - how many people on these forums go to BestBuy and purchase a prebuilt machine? 3....maybe 4? LOL. Of course the Mac Pro uses components that are different than your average desktop (even custom built) considering they only use Xeon Processors and ECC RAM (Quality is of course not guaranteed higher), which help give it a kick-in-the-nuts pricetag.

lowfat

Staff member
As much as I would like to agree with you that their keyboard is awesome it just can't beat my IBM Model M replica :ph34r:

I have a Model M (and a Steelseries 7G, which uses Cherry MX 'black' switches) as well. It is just to big. I have to have my right arm at a 30 degree angle since the keyboard is so effing large.

Thund3rball

The tiny keyboard is awesome. No way I will ever go back to a full sized keyboard. Being able to keep my mouse a few inches from the home row is great.

I quite like my chiclet kb that came with the mac tower. I get all kinds of comments on it too. It is much improved over all the previous grunge collectors that came with desktop macs.

m1dget

I have a Model M (and a Steelseries 7G, which uses Cherry MX 'black' switches) as well. It is just to big. I have to have my right arm at a 30 degree angle since the keyboard is so effing large.

Well I use mine for coding off a terminal usually so the mouse is no big deal :p

I like cherry switch also... but I have a better feeling with all mechanical springs like the M. Though I think we can agree that mechanical > everything else :)

Digikid

Banned
Well so much for uncrashable.....

Installed iNTFS so that I could use my Western Digital 1TB USB2.0 HDD and it had a bloody fit.

Digging out the restore CD's......

sswilson

Staff member
See.... that's the difference between the X86 and Apple hardware/software model. Apple is a closed system for just this reason.... if it was a licensed product it wouldn't have crashed the OS.... ;)

Not taking sides on the matter, but there are benefits to both models.

Digikid

Banned
LOL!!!!!!!

Guess that I learned my lesson. Guess that I will have to move everything off of my E-HDD, reformat it to something that BOTH of my devices can use ( probably FAT32 ) and then move everything back.

Darn.

Latest posts

Twitter