What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Major Drop in PPD

lechumbl

Hi all,

I went from 102k PPD to 69k PPD in the last week. :angry2:

I have made no hardware or software changes.

Anybody else experiencing this or is it just me?

Take care......

Last edited:

dandelioneater

I haven't noticed anything with my folder. Are you losing WU's or getting any errors? Maybe you're getting alot of lower point units assigned?

lechumbl

Hi guy,

No, no lost WU's or errors.

Could be lower WU points, but if so, seems like everybody else would also be getting them.

Color me puzzled. :whistle:

Take care, and thanx for the reply!!.......

SugarJ

Staff member
Lack of -bigadv units maybe? Speaking of which, I caught a 6900 today which surprised me. I thought they only went out to 16 core machines now.

rommelrommel

I've probably lost 15% in the last week with different WU's, mainly from GPU's it seems to me.

Feanor

I saw a drop when the gpu3 803x wu's were switched from -advmethods to standard availability. My gtx 460 dropped from 16k ppd to 12k ppd. That could explain your ppd drop. Just remove the -advmethods flag on your gpu client, and the 803x will come back!

CoolHandL

no drop here, i am only folding big adv units on one machine, i'll see if the next work unit i get garners lower PPD and update ya, 7 hours to go....

MARSTG

I got my GT430 but there is no difference with advmethods or without. Got a 8034 project, unit is worth 3843points and around 4.3K PPD. The TPF is a bit over 12mins

Latest posts

Twitter