What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Major Power Outage At Stanford - Many Servers Down

bissa

@BWM and the other complainers. why are you complaining? you are doing something that is actually useful, and because it is down for a little while you are talking about switching to something else. that sounds almost like alot of the WOW players when the WOW servers went down for a day.
they could not control weather and other things that may have affected when the power went out, so don't blame them.

LCB001

Because BWM have a race too win. he even put the engine of his wife under his hood to arrive first.
He and his lady want to Fold as a team and couldn't get their sig's combined, there is nothing wrong with that.

I highly doubt they did it to win any 'race'...

Zero82z

Banned
so what is this . 23 down + the off line; it's half out of service

[email protected] server status
Looks like they had to shut down some servers to take load off the backup generators. I think the SMP servers were working earlier, but it looks like they're down now.
Same limp ---- problem they say they're working on, got new gear, now the same shit again, for several hours can't get work.

I hate to say it Stanford but I'm not the least impressed and will probably put my iddy biddy lil farm on something else if y'all can't pull yer heads out of yer butts and get it together. After all, you've always been extreemly quick to declare a roll of duct tape as the big fix It doesn't fix pissing in the wind as the root of the problems. I'l sick of it. :blarg:
Still NO excuse for them NOT having online the backup generation systems they claimed/promised. Their words grow weaker by the minute. I'm sure a few half-trained BSEE's could walk in there and drop their jaws in amasement at the lasc ok planning that went into integrating with the city's grid system. Hmmmmmmmm, also makes me wonder how big their lil gas tanks are :blarg:
Nobody is forcing you to fold; feel free to stop doing it if Stanford's issues are such an inconvenience to you. Otherwise, don't complain. It's not like whining over here is going to accomplish anything anyway. Don't kid yourself into thinking that you're the only one who is bothered by this, but voicing your discontent over here is not an especially constructive way to spend your time.

This is Vijay Pande's e-mail address: [email protected]
This is the [email protected] community forum: Folding Forum • Index page
This is Vijay's blog: [email protected]

I suspect you'll get more substantial feedback if you make your concerns known to people actually involved in the project's management.

MarkOne

Banned
He and his lady want to Fold as a team and couldn't get their sig's combined, there is nothing wrong with that.

I highly doubt they did it to win any 'race'...
So why get so angry when he can't increase his points, second time in less than a week.

Anyway I found it childish to make a crises for so little.

Twitter