What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Major Power Outage At Stanford - Many Servers Down

_dangtx_

Banned
dude 15k ppd is great. hell even 5k ppd on a lowly cheapo 8800gt is very fine.

LCB001

I have to go for a service call, just before I want to say , than yesterday I close my shop at 1:15 to come home to check why I was giving point to an other team, today I do the same again to see if my Rid was getting the works, I can't use my PC anymore because of the lag, so I see it as a growing problem, and before I stop everyone in the house to use their PC , I think I have to stop this thing right now. I have never smoke, or drink, now I spent $ 1200 a week in GPU . . it's became very serious. But I understand that I have to control my self instead of avoiding it. I will think about if 15k PPD is ok with me .

Sorry for the comment. you are a good team
A lot of us at one point or another stop and wonder what we've gotten ourselves into, it's easy to get caught up in the pull of Folding. I've gone through the same thing myself, the trick is learning to pace yourself.

Whatever you decide to do is good, Thanks for Folding...

badatcards

Other than my GPU getting 548 point WUs:angry2:, My PC GPU and CPU (1 VMware client running at 50%) are fine. But I checked my PS3 around noon and it is said " Could not connect to server" and now after 6pm its still the same, It still signs me in to the PS3 network, So I dont think it my internet. Looking at the Team Default User name PS3 their points are still coming in but their points have dropped a bit in the last 24h.
I think our [email protected] contests overload their servers:haha:, The last contest their was a server mess up to, Or was it the contest before:doh:. So many [email protected] contest its hard to keep track.
Dont get discouraged, Shit happens. I would think Stanford is working as hard as they can to fix it because their the one's who are really missing out.Way To Fold
EDIT: A day and a half a go I took my PS3 from the living room where it was wired to the internet to my room and wired it to the internet but I used a old cable so I thought I would try hooking it up wireless and it found the server:whistle:. Weird because it did say Signed in when it was wired. OH Well, Shit happens:haha:, Now.... Back to FoldingWay To Fold

Last edited:

LCB001

Update

Prof. Pande has updated his blog;

UPDATE: 3pm Pacific Time
It took a long time for the server room in the Computer Science Building to come back on line, but it's back now. We are checking out the servers and restarting binaries to serve FAH WUs. Looks like this is basically over. Due to redundancy in our use of server rooms on campus, most of FAH was up even while the whole University was in the dark, so while this outage was non-ideal, luckily most of FAH was working during the outage.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter