What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Marvell 9128 Trim

Mulder

Does the marvel 9128 support trim? I've been seeing a lot of different views on this and i want to use trim with my samsung 840 pros, I have a 256g and a 128gb drives and have been doing some reading and it seems some people say the marvel controller supports trim some say it does and some say it will as long as your not using raid. I am using a x58 sabertooth main board and would like to use the marvel controller as it at least supports faster speeds in theory anyway.

Last edited:

MARSTG

I can attest to that : the Marvell controller is not much faster than the Intel SATA II, I had an X58 mobo with that, the Asus Sabertooth X58 with a M4 SSD and it was barely staying at 300MB/s measured with HD Tune. You will be better on the SATA II ports due to the TRIM. In plus your Evo's ITGC is not that good as the Marvell controller on the M4.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter