What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mass Effect 3

muse108dc

Went by my local EBgames yesterday because the lines for skyrim wrapped around the building and was outrageous. Turns out that they are now sold out of the regular edition as well as the CE which was gone a long time ago now. So if youve preordered you should be good, if your expecting to go to a store and just pick it up your most likely out of luck.

Good news is a lot of the Skyrim was down to inexperienced cashiers which will not be there this time so everything should move much faster. And the fact that they are doing a midnight for this should help as well (I'm personally planning on going about 1230 to avoid any lines at all)

ipaine

Collectors editions can be gotten at Future Shop on the 6th. They will not preorder it at the stores and they should be getting a limited number of copies at each store, so it will be first come first serve. I would have probably done that but I have to work on the 6th and I wanted to make sure that I got one, so I preordered it online.

muse108dc

i'd be extremely surprised to see any CE in stores on the 6th for Futureshop. And if they have any they will be gone by noon at the latest. I'm amazed bythe fact that they are still selling them online with just every report coming in saying that there are no more anywhere. There are greatfears that the stores still selling are over selling their stock now. On the other hand I'm considering ordering one and then seeing if i can make a profit on ebay. Wont do that but its tempting. Though I'm still surprised that my Futureshop has the CE of Skyrim for 360 still.

I do expect to see the regular edition at FS, Mostly because they dont preorder as heavily as EB. I just found it amazing that my local EB had actually sold out, I dont think i've ever heard of the normal edition being sold out before.

kyle_L

even tho im not working on the 6th i still ordered it through origin, got a free copy of bf3 to go with it. i just hope the release it at midnight. i also didnt want to drive 45 minutes to stand in a line.

i wonder how everyone will react when the find out there pre-ordered copy is not there, anyone predict any riots.

muse108dc

Well we managed to have riots over the canucks loosing a game so.... no bets one way or the other.

Thats the other reason I plan on going the night of isntead of the next day, 1 it should save time, and 2 it should guarantee I get my CE. One of the main reasons I ordered from EB is I've managed to make my own payment plan with them. I've gone back a few times and just dropped 20 bucks each time. The people in my local one are quite nice as well. Stil

The digital CE just didnt appeal to me nearly as much as the physical, you lose out on so much. And I already had a free copy of BF3, which I should really play some time.

I got my Art Book from amazon last week and it is quite gorgeous, I'm always impressed by the artwork that goes into these games, and all the stuff that doesnt make it into the game. Considering buying a second to cut up and remove some of the full page art but fairly sure I cant justify another 30 on it. After the 80 dollar game, maybe in a few months when my wallet has recovered. A few spoilers in the back and a few non spoilers too, stuff that was cut and I'm glad was too. I wont post them here as I dont want to be the guy that was on the old republic last night shouting out spoilers.

thorn

I can't even pre-order a physical copy of ME3 since apparently it isn't available in French (though both BB and FS have French versions listed) and that goes against that good 'ol POS Bill 101. Guess I still have some time to decide if I will pre-order it online or take a chance and get a physical copy.

muse108dc

I can't even pre-order a physical copy of ME3 since apparently it isn't available in French (though both BB and FS have French versions listed) and that goes against that good 'ol POS Bill 101. Guess I still have some time to decide if I will pre-order it online or take a chance and get a physical copy.

It is available in French. It was on the social forum thing bioware has, but its been confirmed that there will be French dialogue and subtitles available. Bioware is a Canadian company after all.

And as of right now its only my local one thats not doing preorders anymore, metrotown still is today.

muse108dc

Just a warning to all. The ending scenarios have apparently leaked out, beware the internet.

And I must apologize for the double post, to make it a little less shameful heres my opinion on the new normandy

Normandy - Mass Effect 3 Wiki Guide - IGN

It looks quite good I think, a bit dark but I dont mind that too much. The war room looks really quite nice, cant wait to laod that up with more people/aliens/things. The new store system where if you got to a store somewhere you can now access that store from the Normandy. This is the best feature of this game yet, right up there with an automated fish feeder. Dianna Allers, I dont think she'll be on my ship personally, shes there for fanservice for IGN no other reason. Customization looks good, doesnt look likes there a mako or hammerhead in the cargohold but that has the potential to change I'm sure. Only a few squadmates rooms revealed, well liara's was anyways.

All in all it looks quite empty compared to the ME2 one, but quite likely due to early game status.

5 Days 20 hours and counting.

And a warning DO NOT open the art book in the CE unless you are sure you want to see spoilers. ME2's remember had the human reaper in it.

Last edited:

On2wheels

Did anyone see the official forums lately? I heard they deleted a bunch of threads about the FOV (not sure if it was SP or MP based), but from what I saw in the demo, the FOV was way too tight in both SP & MP.
When will developers learn that console FOV's simply do not cut it for PC games? And to all the defenders out there that say "if you don't like it, don't play it", I say bullshit because many privately owned developers actually build in a proper FOV for pc versions of games, so don't tell me EA/Bioware can't afford it.
edit: and yes I'm aware consoles have narrow FOVs to keep framerates up, but with PCs it's a whole different ball 'o wax.

Last edited:

Latest posts