What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mass Effect 3

ipaine

You're in Edmonton, don't you have other options?

Regular edition, not a problem. Collectors edition, looking to be a problem, at least when it comes to getting a hard copy in person. Hmmm, knocking on their door sounds like a great idea although not sure if they would have any there to sell.

Arinoth

Staff member
I'll probably end up going with a digital copy as honestly I have no need or space to waste for a physical one.

Who that is getting ME3 plans/hopes to group up for the multiplayer co-op, I for one am.

ipaine

I am not interested in the multiplayer. I really think it was a mistake to put it into the game in the first place. That said I hope it works good for everyone and as long as it doesn't affect my single player game then fine.

Will I get into it later one once I have done a run through or two of the SP? Maybe but we will see how that goes.

Jebusman

I am not interested in the multiplayer. I really think it was a mistake to put it into the game in the first place. That said I hope it works good for everyone and as long as it doesn't affect my single player game then fine.

Will I get into it later one once I have done a run through or two of the SP? Maybe but we will see how that goes.

It optionally affects single player. At least that's what they were going for originally. Playing multiplayer unlocks stuff for single player, or aids in single player, or does something with single player.

On the other hand, the escape vessels being shot down with the kid inside was good drama.

I'm going to say this right now, I had 0% sympathy for that kid. Why? Because it was Bioware trying to make their game seem "DEEP" and "EMOTIONAL" in the stupidest way possible. The kid refusing help and then dying was supposed to represent the fact that you can't save everyone?

Bullshit. I could have very easily saved that kid. He was an idiot and refused help from god damn Commander Shepard him/her self.

And I'm still mad Wrex and/or Mordin's VA has changed. I could tell from the moment they spoke that something was wrong.

LaughingCrow

What I didn't understand about the demo, was the time and story gap between ME 2 and ME 3. Shepard is in the brig and seems to know Vega, but we don't have a clue to why. Plus Shephard is back on earth, not in the Normandy. From what the moderator posted, the demo is the way it starts, with no explanation about the time and story gap--big oversight on BioWare's part IMO.

Spoilers (below) that explain the gap between ME 2 and the ME 3 demo intro.

Turns out part of the story comes from the DLC Arrival, which I didn't get, so I only know the gist of what happened; Shepard blew up a Mass Effect relay to stop some Reapers but also destroyed a lot of Batarians in the process. And there's an exclusive comic book that I never heard about but only came across by doing some searches.

DLC Arrival: Arrival - Mass Effect Wiki - Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, walkthroughs and more

Spoiler: Video of the last part of Arrival which explains in part why Shepard is back on Earth:
Mass Effect 2 - Arrival Ending - 720p HD - YouTube

Comic book (explains where Vegas enters):
Mass Effect: Conviction - Imgur

Also, there's a interesting suggestion by a BioWare moderator: do a default play through of ME 3 before you import one of your ME 2 characters. This way, when you play through with your characters, you'll see some of the subtle things that show up from your actions in ME and ME 2 that don't appear with a default playthrough.

ipaine

Yea, you get the idea if you played the Arrival DLC for ME2. And remember it was a demo, and was only intended to give a tiny slice of the actual game. I'm still guessing that the beginning will be fleshed out more than what we saw in the demo.

muse108dc

Yeah, the kid seemed a little forced to me as well, or maybe I've just been watching ME3 too closely, its the main clip thats been in every leaked demo type thing since last year. would have preferred more of the debris from the destroyed human alliance fleets personally.

Arinoth

Staff member
Yep, you were suppose to get/play the Arrival DLC as it's the bridge between ME2 and ME3

LaughingCrow

Yep, you were suppose to get/play the Arrival DLC as it's the bridge between ME2 and ME3
I thought it was a major storytelling oversight not to inform the user. Those who didn't get the DLC or know about the comic and for those people who will be new to Mass Effect. Now maybe there's some answers to past events as the story unfolds, but I still think it's a major flaw to tack on additional storyline to DLC that not everyone will get or even know about.

Latest posts