What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mass Effect 3

ipaine

But more bothersome to me is the link between MP and SP. In spite of all the assurances from BioWare that you can get a complete game experience from just SP, I think SP and MP are more tangled up than they admit. This is based on several posts on this Galactic Readiness in MP and how it affects SP and about the point system they use in game to calculate Galactic Readiness, etc.

That has bothered me as well, since they have never been clear about it. What they have said is that you can get to the optimal ending with or without MP. What was asked of them and from my understanding never answered was what differences will it make in the SP experience. You know will I have a different experience in any way if I don't play the MP. What cut-scenes and dialogs are going to be different? That to me is the big issue. I am very much a completetionist and I get the feeling I will not be able to be like that with this game without having to play the MP.

Bitching aside I am still looking forward to the SP experience.

thorn

I'm not sure why people always say that the money used to develop the MP could have been used to improve SP. Why this assumption?

I'm sure MP had zero effect on SP budget. Someone probably came up with a business case for investing some money in tacking on MP to allow for additional DLC sales (such as weapons or armour or whatever with SP and MP versions).

ipaine

Why do you think it wouldn't have an effect on it? The fact is even if they took "extra" money and used it for the MP, that same "extra" money could have been used for the SP. My point still stands, at the end of the day the total money spent on ME3 was put into both SP and MP, which shows that money went to MP that could have been spent on SP.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
If MP has one single ounce of impact upon my SP experience, I won't buy the game. No way in hell will I play multiplayer just to ensure I get the full single player experience. Simple as that.

muse108dc

trailer was nothing special really. A lot of nice frames of a lot of nice stuff but overall too much in not enough time, I will look forward to tuesdays version though.

And I do agree that Single Player and Multiplayer should be completely different entities with no links between the 2. If it were to happen it seems Bioware has done it as well as can be done from all indications of the demo but I dont plan on even touching mp until AFTER I finish the SP. Its suppose to be instead of doing side missions but eh. As long as I can still beat the game in single player by itself I'll be satisfied.

And there is no way the MP budget didnt effect the SP budget, all the money comes from the same pot and it is a real shame EA's on this "all of our games must have MP" now, I really hate to see whats going to happen to DragonAge

Arinoth

Staff member
Just watched the trailer, please mother of god don't make me have to drive the retarded MAKO again, for the love of everything holy....

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Just watched the trailer, please mother of god don't make me have to drive the retarded MAKO again, for the love of everything holy....

Totally agree. While the first ME was epic, it was the MAKO missions that knocked it down a few notches in my books.

LaughingCrow

If MP has one single ounce of impact upon my SP experience, I won't buy the game. No way in hell will I play multiplayer just to ensure I get the full single player experience. Simple as that.
From everything I've read so far, you will be able to get a decent ending, if you do all side quests and make the 'best decisions' through out the game.

But EA seems to be counting on MP and other ME 3 game tie-ins to entice people to spend money. (Wondering how long it will take for new maps to show up for MP).

I think that ME 3 will set a whole new DLC criteria for EA games (unfortunately). Mostly to give marketing ample room to add more hood ornaments than any sane person would want to stick on one car. From some comments on BioWare's forum, a lot of the Mass Effect branded Razor peripherals are already sold out.

Latest posts