What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mass Effect 3

Arinoth

Staff member
Surprisingly not a lot of games still seem to support eyefinity/surround. It's why I gave up on it for the most part and went with a 27" high res monitor instead.

ultraman7k

I just feel so restricted now playing on one monitor. Hope they patch that up soon because I think ME3 would be an immense experience on Eyefinity/Surround.

ipaine

Not the best but they are not bad either. The characters look good and really from what I have seen it is overall better than ME2, not huge amounts but still better.

On that note my CE is out for delivery, so I will have to pick it up on my way home from work today, then the rest of the week off to play.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I was too immersed in the story to really care about graphics. :biggrin:

Played through the 1st couple missions until I got back to the Citadel. Avina the Virtual Intelligence holo is noticeably enhanced graphically. Transitions between gameplay and cutscenes were surprisingly smooth.
Oh, and I didn't import my ME2 character, was playing the middle of the road option between Action and RPG.

I'm wondering why the characters seem to have dirty hands? Too much texture?

Basically, if you played either of the first 2 and enjoyed it I think this is a must have.

Eluder

Picked my regular edition today from BB. Figured for the same price I get a physical copy, meaning no download to wait for.

LaughingCrow

How are the graphics?
The facial textures have improved significantly but not the clothing textures (about the same as ME2), which makes the clothing textures appear worse at times.

Seems to be a lot more cinematics which might be the reason dialog options seem sparse in places - i.e. more show, than tell. But the same problems at times - the dialog on screen doesn't match what Shepard actually says... But visual is given a great boost with sound, so it works much better in action areas.

ipaine

All I know is my CE is sitting at home waiting for me. Time to head home and don't have to be back to work till Monday!!!!!

edit:
At home and first thing I do is open the bubble wrap bag the CE came in. Yes just a bubble wrap bag. So yes the corner of the box is slightly damaged as is the one edge of the metal case, figures.

So that aside I take a look at everything that comes with it and while I am still glad I got the CE, I do think that it pales in comparison to Skyrim's CE. I'm not saying I expected it to be that huge, but I guess I was hoping for more from the art book, as it is just barely a book, and the comic is pocket sized. The N7 badge is not half bad though. Most likely will post pics later.

So now let me get on to why people pirate games. Look you can get ME3 right now pirated and to install it you just hit setup and swap disks when asked and then you are good to go. But with this completely legit version, the first thing it does is want a new version of origin, ok fine, do it. So I say yes and then after a few seconds the box goes anyway and I sit and wait. I give it about a minute or so and then realize it is not even doing anything. So I start the setup on the disk again and this time I click install and it just disappears and nothing. So I look into my start menu and go to start origins but it can't as all I get is a message saying that origins.exe must be moved or missing, figures. Ok, so I now have to jump onto the Origin home page, and download Origin again. So I install it and log in. I now go back to the disk and start setup. And finally it starts installing. Needless to say if I had pirated it I would already be playing and not waiting for it to finish installing typing this out.

Anyways about 75% done the install and will jump right in with my ME2 imported character, one of 5 I think. Here we go. :)

Last edited: