What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mass Effect 3

LaughingCrow

On the Citadel, it's easy to get overwhelmed and sidetracked. Seems you start out on one task/mission take 10 steps and get interrupted and in comes another. Then that gets interrupted and again, and again. It wouldn't be so bad if we got a map or directions so you could find the place/person and complete a portion. I'm not even sure what I'm tracking now or where to find it. An invisible Kasumi is tagging on along on one mission but I got interrupted again. So I've met at least 12 new people with tasks and have no idea how much time I have to complete them.

Some places are huge and no map, no direction, other than the game tells you you're looking for something but offers no clues where that would be.

ipaine

I was on the Citadel and have gone back to my ship, and damn just trying to figure out where things are again.

ipaine

Yea, I know, just used to know where everyone and everything was on the ship, little different now.

LaughingCrow

The maps can help orient yourself, but not that good trying to find something. While some things are obviously off-planet, I have no clue as to where to look for them yet. It is great to have the larger areas to roam around in though.

Some of these 'quests' stem from overheard conversations as you walk by people; so it's not like you're actively seeking them. You get them 'accidentally' as you pass by. And from what I've seen so far, some of them are not 'accidentally' placed; searching for solution A, you encounter task B just before you get to your destination for A, then C pops along the route. I wouldn't be surprised if I missed some but there's no way to tell.

muse108dc

The side quests you get from overheard conversations are terrible. Theres next to no information on them which makes figuring out some of them quite difficult. What makes it worse is some of the stuff you are told to find is in random missions, found one on tuchanka for example.

N7 missions are also not that great, just the multiplayer maps for single player. Journal has gone back a few steps though, its extremely basic and I keep opening it and finding myself halfawy down my list in all my completed ones. They feel like and are just filler. I should add to this that planet scanning is extremely tedious as planets spin extremely slowly and when you do find something a little blurb pops up bottom right and thats all.

Maps are useful, especially on the citadel, I still get lost in the presidium commons though....

I like how characters move about and arent stationary, I've found Garrus everywhere from the main gun, to the cockpit, to wandering around by the elevator. Is it strange that EDI scares me even more this game.

Though, I hate having to be connected to the internet for DLC still. WHY? I just want to play a bit of SP on my laptop today and found that while I could play the game I couldnt play the DLC (which is what I wanted to do.)

Soundtrack is also superb. But I was sand to find my Normandy Lithograph slightly damaged, not sure what I can do about that though.

Edit: I would like to request that we keep as many spoilers out of this thread as possible, am really enjoying the story so far and dont necessarily want to avoid this thread.

sa seba

Got my CE in the mail today *dances*. The art book is real nice.
Is it just me or does ME3 seem to be a bit more like ME1 in some aspects (armory, codex for example)?

ipaine

Edit: I would like to request that we keep as many spoilers out of this thread as possible, am really enjoying the story so far and dont necessarily want to avoid this thread.

I completely agree. I think that if anyone wants to talk about spoilers and the such they should just create a new thread and call it Mass Effect 3 spoilers or something like that and then give a big warning in the first post.

Oh and damn Wrex, you can be one funny dude.

Latest posts